Just Watched Calabashs Rant on American Metal Detector Companies - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: Just Watched Calabashs Rant on American Metal Detector Companies

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Maryland Waters
    "Excalibur".. "AQ" Impulse
    6416 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I do agree with some of what he says, and other not. American manufactures do need to step up the pace.....

Funny he did mention the Fisher Impulse AQ, I'm a tester of the Limited.....Many know that....I do Have a LOT of video's out on it, testing it and many finding gold, in fact more Video's them Him I would say. Not the perfect machine but I love it. Someone asks me what is a good beach machine to purchase and my answer is the Nox 99% of the time. I do agree on the subject of some testers, I wonder how they got on the list and I am sure they want to stay on the list so they give positive reviews and push the products. Then I know testers that never say a word...other then the factory reviews which go unseen by the public. So like always you have many different views... Just like we have a Calabash.

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldbeechnut/videos
    Last edited by OBN; Feb 19, 2021 at 02:14 PM.
    Blood Member of RingKeepers
    2021....Gold Rings..2 ........ Misc...0 ...... Silvers ...4

us
    United States

Jan 2018
    683 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Terry... what's wrong with Crocs ?

Boat shoes that float... they aren't pretty but hey they work great.

I swore I would never own a pair... but then I had an opportunity to buy new ones for 5 bucks a pair... bought 2 pairs... wished I bought at least 5... most comfortable easy to use shoes I have ever owned... can wear in shower to clean and dries in minutes.

Great invention... hope they make them more stylely... for I would never wear in public... but around the house and yard... great... um... they are perfect.

Fisher and minelab for me... period.

And VP 580 is the only PP I will ever use.
    I call em “Prison Shower Shoes”. Imagine them orange. Wait - don’t go there!

With that said, the kids gave me a pair of Crocs slippers and they are very easy to put on without hands and your feet kind of lock into them.
    AARC and Terry Soloman like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    37234 times
    Some times I wear crocs when beach hunting in the summers.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB
    Lowery AFB
    McCoy AFB
    Kadena AFB 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

(Per Admins avatars and signatures do not fall under rules for politics.)

Jul 2013
    1929 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Crocs are alright I guess but crocs and socks should be illegal. I used to wear crocs at the beach but little stones would get stuck in them too often and I hated picking them out every 5 minutes.
    AARC and DizzyDigger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel
    34884 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I don't do crocs. They just didn't appeal to me, just personal preference and once I had a little snake strike the back of one of my tennis shoes. Crocs don't give you that protection. I like my "tennis shoes" and socks to keep sand from rubbing my feet raw on the beach, and for most other sites as well. At the house, same shoes, different days.

And regarding machines, depth, etc., beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I won't go into the cities anymore to dig. Period. Not Baltimore. And I have so much up here in the country I can conceivably detect, I am not spending time looking for that last silver dime or two in a park missed by others, that's not my forte. I also don't collect silver. Generally speaking, except when I get bored and go to the beach for the bling, I won't bother with a site older than the Civil War. I am very fortunate to have some sites with little modern trash on them.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Feb 19, 2021 at 05:43 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    81291 times
    Like i said... i dont leave the house wearing crocs... ever.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel
    34884 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I see people wearing them outside all the time, but not this time of year.

us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
    1924 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I used to be a die hard Fisher guy then tesoro. I am not brand loyal any more I just want the best results.
    I have been very pleased the nox and I have an ORX on the way. I hope it's as good as they say in iron.
    I wear crocs but not to Wal-Mart or church.lol
    Last edited by birdman; Feb 20, 2021 at 07:26 PM.
    God and country.

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    4771 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Terry... what's wrong with Crocs ?

Boat shoes that float... they aren't pretty but hey they work great.

I swore I would never own a pair... but then I had an opportunity to buy new ones for 5 bucks a pair... bought 2 pairs... wished I bought at least 5... most comfortable easy to use shoes I have ever owned... can wear in shower to clean and dries in minutes.

Great invention... hope they make them more stylely... for I would never wear in public... but around the house and yard... great... um... they are perfect.

Fisher and minelab for me... period.

And VP 580 is the only PP I will ever use.
    Come on AARC, you know the drill, no photos, it didn't happen. Let's see the crocs!!
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    4771 times
    Yeah Terry, i think you have been around detectors maybe as long as I and some others here. I think popularity of the game has heavily influenced the influx of foreign made machines with better technology. When I got my Garrett BF0 in 1970 there were basically two choices, White's or Garrett. Garrett had just tamed the BFO with his patented "0 drift" technology and I was introduced to detecting at civil war collector meets in VA so I got what they liked-Garrett BFO as the best all around machine. You may remember when Metrotec came out and blew relic hunting into high gear, and Nautilus suddeny made the best salt machine. Those two companies didn't last long yet they made great machines, I think the market was flooded with not as many hunters and they couldn't sell enough over time. If another American company today came out with a modern game changer like Metrotec and Nautilus did they would sell like crazy because there are sooo many hunters. Instead, Minelab, and Deus have blown American innovation out of the water. Minelab was around down under as serious gold seeker but it took a while to catch on here, now they rule the world. Remember before the American car companies got bailed out by we taxpayers (who never received any compensation)? The foreign cars were safer, lasted longer, and often got better gas mileage. After the bail out what happened?American car companies began making safer longer lasting cars with good fuel economy. It is sad that we lost Whites and Tesoro, but I'm hoping the American companies rally like the auto industry did and get some better designers or spend more on R&D and bring us the best machines but made right here. As far as crocs go my buddy in AZ wears 'em around his house and yard, not for me but they like 'em in the warmer climates. Th TP? maybe he had a runny nose? Calabash, loved the rant!!
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Jan 2020
    94 times
    Instead of R&D of a new machine, they spent the resources in recruiting some bearded duck guy that was famous with his family a while back.
    Terry Soloman and gunsil like this.

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    27857 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I never even tried on a pair of crocs because I didnít want to fall in love with them. And as far as Calabash has opinions go I enjoy it he has really helped me out over the years and I can tell you I went from the Fisher F75 chatterbox and Garrett Max to that 800 and never look back and I could tell you Calabash put me on his relic program and in owe my 2020 year to him I found more relics last year that all four years before put together he got me loving them buttons...... I hurt a lot of feelings last year lol

Calabash just keep doing what you doing brother I love hearing truth and youíre right when youíre right youíre right.
    Aeds151, Swaveab, AARC and 4 others like this.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    613 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    As far as Crocs are concerned, I would wear them if I had them. In a day when I walk into the grocery store and see people shopping in their PJs and slippers, why would I feel self conscious about wearing Crocs? FTR, I have been told to wear better shoes for medical reasons.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    81291 times
    Well crocs sure beat these rat slippers...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NINTCHDBPICT000611062543.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	488.7 KB 
ID:	1903714
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    81291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsil View Post
    Come on AARC, you know the drill, no photos, it didn't happen. Let's see the crocs!!
    Wow Gunsil... kinda kinky asking for pictures of my feet.

:P~~~~~~~
    Terry Soloman, Aeds151 and gunsil like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links