Newbie and Tot Lots

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have much luck around the swings.
I find my stuff around the benches where the parents sit.

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
Actually, I find more along the most direct route between things like swings, benches and slides. Maybe the adults are dropping stuff when they rush from the benches to save their kids from killing themselves on the monkey bars. :)

Parkit

Nov 28, 2007
I always hit the swings first, too. I find most targets within 5 feet either side of the swing, but it is amazing how far out stuff flies. My last tot lot had 3 swingsets with 8 seats each, barkchips underneath, and I came away with 186 coins. I'd say that 75% of them came from the swingset areas.

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Depending on time limitations, I like to hit all the areas, but swings first, then the monkey bars and stuff. The "open" areas have always produced fairly well too.

The following is roughly where I seem to get the most concentration of any item in the chips:
Coins: everywhere, especially the bars where the kids hang upside down, and the slide. Kids cant resist rolling coins down the slide ;D
Rings: swingset area
Braclets and pendants: On the "pathway" between swings, monkey bars etc.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
The last gold ring I found was in a tot lot. It was a tiny one made in Mexico, and rose gold. It was near the slide entrance. The most rings though are found right near or under where women sit or cheer people on. The most rings I've found period are the ones behind the lines from 1st and home base and 3rd and home base where people yell at the players. Baseball women can be the most careless women on the planet. They get a bit too excited watching little Johnny steal home base or getting out of the hole as fast as a jackrabbit, or watch that hunk-of-a-man of theirs run like the devil. If there is a tot lot you're hunting and a baseball field ajacent to or near it, go there and I'll bet you'll have better luck.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
for hunting "pocket change" my top 3 are #1 kids often jump out the swings whee --yep their nuts but they do it -- watch sometime -- the impact zone where they land is often very good --- #2 on the slides they often wiggle worm around --rolling around as they come down the slide flipping coins out --- of course the good old upside down hanging --#3 monkey bars with nature helping to empty their pockets is a good one -- my top 3 for for clad plus jewelry--- #1 under the benches where moms and sometimes dad too sit are good for change and even the odd bit of jewelry --- #2 also look near the bench seat near volley ball courts ---in volley ball courts proper-- and near / under old style blechers near sport feilds ---#3 near soda machines or consession stands can be hot spots too -- good luck ---Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread