Thoughts on what this might be

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this in a small stream on my farm Treasure Valley in Western North Carolina which our family has owned for 75 years so I know it predates that time. It has a red substance on it which when I pulled it out of the gravel would rub off on your hand, I have tried to clean it but you can still see the red on it. It sort of boggled my mind that it would still be on this and rub off after such a period of time. It was in a small stream that ran through a old gold mine where apparently they did hydraulic mining back in late 1800's. Attached is also a grey flint point that I also found in the same stream. The grey flint is not native to my area also.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 12.22.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 12.21.17 PM.png

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal? stone? ceramic? concrete? Size? Pic of other side?

OP
OP
B

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's metal and about the size of your palm, other side is just plain. I was hoping I would find some markings but wasn't able to. Possibly off of a cooking pot but the red red substance really puzzled me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions