Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet if nobody welcomed you before.

I know of no ear buds that would work in a detector. Most have them little plugs instead of the standard 1/4 inch. I like Grey Ghost and Jolly Roger phones, but there are other great phones. For listening to the outside noises having one earcup off the ear helps, but you lose the better sounds this way. Much better to keep your eyes open.

Jan 11, 2008
Zephyrhills,Fl
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Newt.........I have had extreme success using Etymotic Research ER6 with triple flange ear tips on my Sovereign GT...there is no volume control on the ear buds and you will need a 1/8 to 1/4 stereo adapter ...this system can be used at the beach with wind and wave noise and you will still be able to hear everything happening around you...

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
Detectorpro makes the Rattler. It has just one ear piece - so one ear can hear "danger".

Bavarian

Coin Shooter

Jan 12, 2008
Flowood Mississippi
I have tried using the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter with ear buds but it just did not work for me sound quality to low. I now use the Rattler headphone, only covers one ear, sound is very good considering your only using one ear.

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
I got a pair of Freepulse headphones (logitech) for christmas and finally just hooked them up and tried them out yesterday. First thing is that is was great not having that cord around, never knew what a big pain it was until it was gone. Sound was very good, slightly different, like less treble, or more bass, but the sound was clear and idtentifiable. You could also hear what was going on around you, as they sit on your ears, rather than cover them. I love'em.

OP
OP
Newt

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I'll start shopping!
Newt

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread