walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
Upvote 0

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
This is a great place to post pictures of your finds- everyone loves pictures. There is also a "today's finds" section in the main forum menu. Also there are civil war, relics, treasure found, and many other sections of the forum. The "metal detecting" and "today's finds" forums are the most popular, and the most likely place for your photos to be seen.

I assume that you know how to load pictures onto your computer via scanner or digital camera. To post them, first they have to be a reasonable size. I'm not quite sure what the maximum is, but just resize it (I use windows paint) so that it will fit easily on the screen. That should do. After that, when posting, go to the bottom of the screen to the "browse" button. Find the location of your picture on your hard drive, then press the "add image" button. Repeat if you have more photos.

OP
OP
W

walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
MDnoob,

Thank you so much for your time and input. I appreciate it. Whenever I get out from under the 4 feet of snow we have here in PA, I will start swinging again and post my finds. Thanks again!

Attachments

• image-2709244535.jpg
    image-2709244535.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image-1353552569.jpg
    image-1353552569.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image-2984537582.jpg
    image-2984537582.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 17
B

Burns

Hey Walleye, Im have way between York And Harrisburg where the heck is Emporium?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome Walleye22...

Your post spurred me on to improve the visibility of the Photo Album, Best Finds, and the Personal Galleries.

Look at the pull-down menu near the top of the page, and follow the links near the top of the list.

I'm surprised more people haven't setup personal galleries. (is there some other problem I'm unaware of?)

anyway - welcome to the TreasureNet Forum!

Thanks,
Marc Austin
[email protected]

OP
OP
W

walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
Burns,

Emporium is NorthCentral Pa. I am one hour North of DuBois, Pa. if that helps any. No really bit towns around here to help you pinpoint.

Attachments

• ammonite.jpg
    ammonite.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
W

walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
Marc Austin,

I just checked that out and I see the photo albums and galleries and such now. That will be very handy. I appreciate your help. I will make good use of everything I can on this site. thanks

Walleye22

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Elk Co

Spent a lot of time up your way looking for some of the lost treasure in the area. You are not far from the lost coins of Halfway Hollow.

OP
OP
W

walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
well, I am not sure which story sgtfda is speaking of. There is rumored to be two lots of buried treasure in Cameron County, one of Silver bars and one of Gold bars. The silver bars are said to be buried near the area of Gardeau which is about 6 miles North of my residence. The silver is said to have been buried near Parker's tomb which stands tall along the Gardeau road, which is actually about a mile outside of Cameron County in McKean County.
The Gold bars were said to have been lost on a trip between the City of Saint Marys and Driftwood, Pa. Driftwood is about 10 miles South of my residence. According to my history of Cameron County book, the gold was probably buried near the Hicks Run Area of Cameron County along SR 555, just West of Driftwood. It apparently was buried for an overnight stay, but an Indian attack ruined the evening and the gold was supposedly never recovered. I DID hear of a local who claims that he found a 50 pound gold bar in the Driftwood Creek near the Hicks Run area. Apparently he was running cattle across the Creek and noticed something shining in the water. When he inspected more closely, he found it to be a 50 pound solid gold bar. This is an unconfirmed story as far as I am concerned, but it is pretty much spoken as truth in this county. Many people claim to have seen the gold bar at the gentleman's farmhouse. I have not. Cameron County has lots of interesting history including these two tales.

Cameron County was a huge lumbering County at one time and there are many small towns, stores, dance halls, racetracks, reunion grounds and such that are no longer in existence. I have been using the winter months to do as much research on the locations of these "ghost towns" as possible, so if this snow ever melts, I will be in business. Not more than a mile from my house is an area that was fromerly called Bradytown. Bradytown was built around the mining industry. They built their own coke ovens to process, and they built a town that consisted of around 50 homes. There apparently was a store, a schoolhouse, some other small businesses and the residences. All that remains of this town now is rubble. The remnants of the coke ovens are still visible from SR 120 between Emporium and the Village of Cameron. The town sat behind the coke ovens, across the Driftwood Creek and persons were ferried across by boat. I never knew any of this before diving into the Cameron County history book, but I have some great leads to some potential treasures come Springtime!!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Pa. Treasure

The lost gold coins of Halfway Hollow is near Roulette, Pa. I have a old map that shows the hollow. I have searched the area where the gold bars were lost and I found the last campsite and ambush site. I know of someone who found 2 of the gold bars in the 1980-"s and I know where he found them. When spring comes I will be checking some small caves near the ambush site. If you do your research you will come up with some good clues. There is a person by the name of Lyman who was said to be involved in the Halfway Hollow incident. While doing some research I found a photo of him in a rotted history book that was in a pile of old books at the Carnegie Library of Pgh. . You live in a area rich in lost treasure. There is lost gold coins behind a old stage stop in Hazel Hurst. The stage stop is still there and only a few know what it was. The residents of Hazel Hurst don't have a clue. I was interested in the Forbes Road and found copies of General Forbes notes and letters on the progress of the road. I now know where they camped while building the road.
First get a good detector and learn how to use it. Get a GPS unit and a map program for your computer. You will need both! I been so deep in the Elk County Mts that a pull tab was not to be found. I use my GMT gold detector in that area. If it hits on something, you have something!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions