Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Upvote 0

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
I think in the long run you would save allot of money. I have no experience with the ACE but I don't use anything but my rechargeable battery pack unless I need the other one for backup.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I buy all my batteries at the dollar store. Get 10 batteries for the price of 2 Duracells, or whatever.....

A couple weeks ago I found one that was going out of business. Half off everything! I should be set for the season now. Two nine volts for 50 cents!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
axehead said:
just sitting here in 20 degree weather trying to get a headstart on spring,,,,,, wondering if rechargeable batteries would be a better choice than disposables for my Ace 250?? I know its probably been covered here somewhere but couldn't find any help on the 250. any input would be helpful! thanks- axehead

I don't know about the Ace but in most of my machines I use rechargable AA batteries. I found they last longer than regular alkalines and they perform just as well.

The trick is get the highest rated mah batteries you can find. I personally prefer Sony over the other brands.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
If you are going to get rechargeables, look into the Rayovac hybrids. They are only 2000 mAh but they outlast my higher mAh Sony NiMH batteries. I have used them on four different outings and they still haven't completely drained yet. They are indicating just about dead but still going. I am going to charge them up anyway but the best thing about these batteries is they don't loose their charge like regular NiMH batteries. I use them exclusively now.

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Alkalines. Recharge them in my buddy 2 sl recharger. It will recharge Alkalines or Ni cads. It works great on Alkalines. Get roughly double the life from them being recharged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread