For you hunters trapped up north............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.
I had to search in the shade today. Sure will be glad when it cools down a little. Looking forward to a cool weekend.... Highwater

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flash Floods, Tornado Warnings and Thunderstorms here. Can I come your way?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on the jersey coast today it was in the high 60's ... great day to be out hunting..oh yea.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
:) :) FOR YOU HUNTERS TRAPPED DOWN SOUTH.... 8) 8) 8) ..I don't know about you guys but i tried Fl. for about a year than the coast of S.C. for about 6 months....................................Then came back up here to the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio..........missed the seasons............... And sort of like the the cold weather won't even go back down for a vacation. When i go on vacation now i go up to Canada in the summer...................................==Jim== :) :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
37º today and 2" of rain . . . which flooded a part of the basement when the ice damed up my ditch/drains and backed up a pool of water against the door. ::)

Now, let's talk about those, whaddya call 'em, hurricane and tornadie things I hear rumors about in the news of distant lands. :D They sound like gobs of fun.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Charlie P. (NY) said:
37º today and 2" of rain . . . which flooded a part of the basement when the ice damed up my ditch/drains and backed up a pool of water against the door. ::)

Now, let's talk about those, whaddya call 'em, hurricane and tornadie things I hear rumors about in the news of distant lands. :D They sound like gobs of fun.
Ya i know what you are talking about ==Hurricanes== i read about them and the == Bugs == i heard about them also they die up here in the winter freeze .................. We had the rain and mild temps here today also but in about 15 hours back to the freeze and snow i love it.........................................................It don't blow my house down and don't bite me and eat my house up you know Termites & Hurricanes..................But i am going out to hunt in the morning......................................................Temp. will be around 28..& snow.........Can't wait.......==Jim==

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Almost midnight here, and am under a tornado warning (not watch)! Coming at us from the south. Lightning, thunder, winds, rains blowing sideways. Yep, I got the laptop going because I can see it drifting to the southeast from us, but the light show is tremendous. Ten more minutes it will be past and I'll hit the sack. Probably left 4" of rain for us this evening. But it beats the heck out of 15" of snow!!! Been there, done that, even have the t-shirt! :D 'Night! -Noodle

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-7 here right now. :-\

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been running in the 20's here but Sunday they say 6 degrees. Then we jump back to the 20's again.

We still have an average of 14 inches of snow.

Nana tells me to move to Bama which I'm all for. But I have two basic problems:

1) I like to eat (job)
2) My wife loves Michigan

I really do enjoy the seasons and would miss the north too. But, if we lived somewhere where I had a chance of finding colonial era coins or CW relics I think I'd get over it.

Thanks for the weather report from the warm country.

Badger

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim,

We have four seasons here, there is tourist season, spring break season, bikini season, and of course hurricane season.

Hurricanes don't bother me in the least, you know when they are coming, you usually get 10 days to 2 weeks warning if you can't prepare in 10 days you got bigger problems. Now tornado's are a different story, almost no warning when they are coming, usually a couple minutes if your lucky.

I have lived up north, I lived In Colorado, Minnesota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Ohio, I got tired of shoveling ice and snow. All I have to do here is scrape mild frost once or twice a year. Lots of tornados up there too.

I would live in Colorado again if I could afford it, I just don't like working in the ice and snow any more, playing in it is a different story.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Jim,

We have four seasons here, there is tourist season, spring break season, bikini season, and of course hurricane season.

Hurricanes don't bother me in the least, you know when they are coming, you usually get 10 days to 2 weeks warning if you can't prepare in 10 days you got bigger problems. Now tornado's are a different story, almost no warning when they are coming, usually a couple minutes if your lucky.

I have lived up north, I lived In Colorado, Minnesota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Ohio, I got tired of shoveling ice and snow. All I have to do here is scrape mild frost once or twice a year.

I would live in Colorado again if I could afford it, I just don't like working in the ice and snow any more, playing in it is a different story.
............................................................... :)... ;D............................................................................................Well ..Treasure_Hunter ..I am sort of like... Badger... I like to eat.You know Make Money ...My hunting don't bring in what i need for that small thing...............................==Jim==

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
expecting 8-14 inches today..................please edde no jokes ::)

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Just to let you know, it was a nice 84 degrees here today, suppose to be 85 tomorrow before it cools off to the mid 70's for the weekend.

I was working in shorts and shortsleeve shirt today............. ;D

Boy you guys know how to rub it in thats terrible LOL.....

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 568
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 578

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
65 today at the jersey coast I can handle that one.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
So maybe you southern folk could tell me. When it's all hot and humid, how do you avoid the fire ants and scorpions and poisonous spiders and snakes and all such things while diggen your treasures ? Or maybe you beach hunt just watch where you step cause them spikey urchin thingies can pack a wallop. Course that's if it ain't somethin like a dragon fish or a lion fish or a stingray or best yet a shark. You know I here you guys only got one color of trees there, all green. BTW keep your doors locked cause the crime rates down there are something else I here. Then again I don't see why since the last time I ventured through you had a cop every fifty feet or so. Oh and one last thing if Fido or feefee go missing check your neighborhood swamp monster. BB Bye now from the frozen north. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S. don't let the vinyl stick to your backsides try wd40

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
Treasure_Hunter said:
Jim,

I have lived up north, I lived In Colorado, Minnesota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Ohio, I got tired of shoveling ice and snow. All I have to do here is scrape mild frost once or twice a year. Lots of tornados up there too.

I'll send you some beautiful pictures of our winter season if you send me some of your "Bikini Season"!!!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD Dog said:
So maybe you southern folk could tell me. When it's all hot and humid, how do you avoid the fire ants and scorpions and poisonous spiders and snakes and all such things while diggen your treasures ? Or maybe you beach hunt just watch where you step cause them spikey urchin thingies can pack a wallop. Course that's if it ain't somethin like a dragon fish or a lion fish or a stingray or best yet a shark. You know I here you guys only got one color of trees there, all green. BTW keep your doors locked cause the crime rates down there are something else I here. Then again I don't see why since the last time I ventured through you had a cop every fifty feet or so. Oh and one last thing if Fido or feefee go missing check your neighborhood swamp monster. BB Bye now from the frozen north. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S. don't let the vinyl stick to your backsides try wd40

We have 3 months of bad weather (June, July, August,) vs 9 up north, rest of year it is fantastic. Of course in the bad months we can jump in the pool when it is too hot.

You have the same spiders and snakes up north we have down here. I will Be 60 this year, born and raised in Fla, never had a problem with anything swimming in the ocean, or in the lakes. I have lived in Chicago Il, Minnapolis Mn, Lincoln Nb, Des Moines Ia, Denver Co, Columbus Oh, St Louis Mo, Kansas City Mo, and Minot ND, you don't want to compare crime rates there.

Dec 2007 FBI report on top 10 most dangerous cities: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/18/dangerous.cities.ap/

(Notice not a Florida city listed ;D, )

Ranked Most Dangerous
1. Detroit, Michigan
2. St. Louis, Missouri
3. Flint, Michigan
4. Oakland, California
5. Camden, New Jersey
6. Birmingham, Alabama
7. North Charleston, South Carolina
8. Memphis, Tennessee
9. Richmond, California
10. Cleveland, Ohio