The wifes new detector

Jan 5, 2008
Brazoria County, TX
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-30, X-505
The wife's new detector

The wife has gotten about as gung-ho about md'ing as i have. Which is a GREAT thing by the way. She bought me a Bounty Hunter for my b-day back in Nov. It was a nice machine, but after a few months, I upgraded to a Minelab. (I LOVE my Minelab). ;D

First detector I got her was an ACE150. She was happy with it until she saw how the minelab had VID and pinpointing. She wanted to upgrade as well.....so, she picked out a Fisher F2. I was skeptical of it from all the mixed reviews. Read up about it, and some people were giving poor reviews, while others raved about it.

Just got it yesterday. We went out today and tried it out during lunch. From what little she's used it, she already likes it WAY better than the Ace. She says the annoying "ding" tone for a coin on the Ace got on her nerves, and was hard to tell the different tones apart ( i agree, i didn't like it either). Her new Fisher has much better tone separation, and very very fast target separation. From doing an air test with some coins and things, has about the same depth as my Minelab. Looks great so far. :)

Thought about taking her back out this afternoon after work, but, it's raining now. Big time. >:(

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: The wife's new detector

Great stuff! I wish I could get THE ADMIRAL interested in detecting. She thinks I'm looney.

Ok, so she's right, but I have fun.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Join the club ,,My admiral thinks I'm Nuts too until I bring home diamond ring .. then oh what a great hobby you got there,, ;D ;D guzz1

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The first gold ring worked for me too. She even started to cut the grass so I could spend more time out there hunting. She never did that when I fished.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Hey Jeff and Mistie .. Congrats on the New detector Mistie . Now Go gettem Girl . Watch out Jeff, she'll be out hunting you before to long . Thats great that the both of you can enjoy the hobby together . Outstanding . Best of luck to both of ya .. HH guzz1

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Good luck to both of you. Looking forward to seeing your finds. :)

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250

Glad she got a new detector that she likes . Liking & having confidence in the detector your using is very important . Please keep us updated on the performace of the F2 as I for one would like a truthful , real
life evaluation of it .

OP
OP
jeffandmistie(TEXAS)
Jan 5, 2008
Brazoria County, TX
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-30, X-505

guzz1 said:
Hey Jeff and Mistie .. Congrats on the New detector Mistie . Now Go gettem Girl . Watch out Jeff, she'll be out hunting you before to long . Thats great that the both of you can enjoy the hobby together . Outstanding . Best of luck to both of ya .. HH guzz1

Thanks Guzz. I'll have to admit, she's got more determination than you could imagine. Something i really admire. Having a hunting buddy that happens to be your wife is awesome. We are having loads of fun doing some history research, and driving around looking for possible places to go md'ing. We are taking a trip this weekend to my aunt's house near Kerrville....and taking the md's with us of course. ;D

OP
OP
jeffandmistie(TEXAS)
Jan 5, 2008
Brazoria County, TX
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-30, X-505

WV Hillbilly said:
Glad she got a new detector that she likes . Liking & having confidence in the detector your using is very important . Please keep us updated on the performace of the F2 as I for one would like a truthful , real
life evaluation of it .

I agree, having a detector that you feel confident in makes all the difference in the world. So far, she really likes it. We'll be sure to keep ya'll updated with the performance of it. So far so good.

doctorbb

Nov 2, 2007
CA via TX

Charlie P. (NY) said:
Great stuff! I wish I could get THE ADMIRAL interested in detecting. She thinks I'm looney.

Ok, so she's right, but I have fun.

Mine thinks I'm a geek. I guess she's seen too many of you other guys at the beach in your bermuda shorts and sandals with white crew socks, ha,ha.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Those arn't crew socks, those are tan lines. . . . ;D :D ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions