XLT Program for western Oregon?

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Hi,

Every time I see someone's programs for the XLT, they are always from places with soil very different from ours here in Oregon. The fact is, the soil is really different here than it is in most other parts of the world, and the programs posted for Ohio, or Kentucky, or other places just don't work very well here. So, does someone out there have some solid advice for program(s) in our mineral-filled ground? I've got something like 39 addressable settings but I'm not sure exactly where any of them should be. Now, one distinct possibility is not to change a thing, because, after all, the XLT is made right here in western Oregon. Something tells me, though, that there are some things to learn about these settings that will help me in the long run, so I'm open to ideas.

Thank you,

Mike

Upvote 0

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.
Mike,
I have been using an XLT in the NW since the mid 90's. If you tell me the types of hunting you wish to do I will give you a program that might work for you. If you have more than one type of hunting you want to do let me know.
Some settings will be an option to your preference, like volume, tone, ect. I like to use the VCO for pinpoint. Some people hate the screeching sound it makes, but it is quick and accurate.
The main thing is to keep the unit stable without overload caused by the ground and a slight even threshold. You can expect some overload when you go over a shallow target, but not caused from the ground.
Let me know what you want to do and I will give you a couple programs to try that you can always modify and fine tune for your area.. Highwater

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread