Craigslist Question

Diggins

Sep 19, 2006
Geneva, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi. I have read a few times that some of you put a ad in craigslist that your looking for older properties to hunt, and some have had success. I asked craigslist to ad my city, but not sure how long that takes, etc. So was thinking of just putting it up on a city already listed.

I was wondering where on craigslist you place that ad? like under what category? I am also looking for any tips on what you say in yours. I read where BamaBill uses the "I'm a historian" approach.

Thx,

Diggins

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I placed my ad in the "wanted" section. I had 2 responses last year and 1 so far this year. None turned out to be fantastic but they give me new places to hunt.

coolbeans

Apr 11, 2007
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites...dfx- D2- sunray..dx-1 whites...beach hunter id 300 garrett..ace..250 bullseye..II
i too would be interested in knowing what to ask, when i lived up north i used to fur trap, and i would have to get permission from farmers to trap thier land. i felt i was doing them a favor, so asking was easy. i havent found a easy way to ask people for permission to dig thier yards. i wish someone could teach me that! :icon_scratch:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Here is my ad that I place:

Wanted: Properties for metal detecting
I love to hunt for old coins, relics, and jewelry. Not for profit, just for the excitement of digging up pieces of history and the pure thrill of the hunt.

I am currently looking for a few more places to detect as I am getting tired of digging in playgrounds. Mainly I am looking for older homes and properties built before the 1950’s, or land that used to have a house or other activity on it.

I am an adult who is fairly new to the metal detecting hobby. I will respect your property if allowed to detect on it. I only dig small areas in the grass and flap the grass back to retrieve the item and then refill the holes.

Some of my finds include: Coins, jewelry, old bottles, toys, trade tokens, dog tags, lost items, etc.

If you have an old property, farm, or land that you wouldn't mind me detecting on, please contact me. I will be happy to split my finds with you. You would be surprised what is buried in the dirt that you don't even know is there. I can't believe the items I've found in my suburban back yard!!!

I would be happy to search for any lost items for you and return any items of importance to your family.

OP
OP
Diggins

Diggins

Sep 19, 2006
Geneva, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for ad example cntrydncr1!!! When I get mine done maybe you and everyone could critique if for me.

Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread