WOT coil for the Excalibure Minelab

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I personally didn't care for it, when I tried it on my Excaliber. Yes, you get a bit more depth, and more coverage per swing, but I found it to be unstable. Might've just been my particular machine, or the specific beach I was trying it at. I have seen a guy with a Wot/Sov combo (Sov is similar to the Excal), who does great with the setup. Threshold, stability, etc... all stayed top notch. His depth was extreme (over a foot deep on coins, if you know what you're listening for). But for some reason, I couldn't get the Excal. to do the same with the setup for me.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As was said, this WOT covers more ground and sees more minerals which can make it unstable in some areas. Many have used it with good success on the Excal and on the Sov. GT. A lot depends on your area and how much black sand you have there.

OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi there, I just want to thank everyone for their info on the WOT coil, still undecided if ill get one, mabey sometime down the road. Anyways, I have another quick question for the Minelab Excalibur users. I was wondering if someone can explain where exactly is the 1 or 2 o'clock position on the turn dials? Is the 1 o'clock position on the dial at the start of the very first turn of the knob, for example, when I turn on the Excalibur would that be considered the 1 o,clock position or do I visualize the dial as a clock and the 1 o'clock position would be to the right alittle just past the 12 o'clock position? Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the dial as if it is a watch on your arm. 1 o'clock would be the same position as on a clock.

I have 2 Sovereign GTs and both have WOT coils on them, personally I love them. I am able to make them stable by adjusting the sensitivity with no problems. I have no doubt it sees deeper then the stock 10 inch coil and gives me the ability to cover more area looking for and finding deeper targets.

I just received a used 18-Inch EXcelerator Coil in mint condition on loan to try out on my Sovereign GT, if I find it locates deeper targets or increases my finds I will buy it for $125.

I am primarily a beach hunter, anything that gives me additional depth or allows me to cover more beach in less time in search of targets gives me an advantage.

OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thanks Treasure_Hunter for clarifying the 1 o'clock dial situation. That helps me out alot. Wish you all the best luck in your treasure hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread