Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Club or "Seeded" Hunts?

I joined a local metal detecting club ITTHC (Indian Territory Treasure Hunters Club) here in Tulsa. Next week end they are having a club hunt where the objects or targets will be seeded. Targets consist of silver coins, possiblly a couple of gold coins, silver bars, some copper and brass tokens as well as aluminum and silver tokens (I think they have all this). Youi pretty much get to keep what you dig and special coins or tokens are worth valuable prizes. There is a variety of kinds of hunts, some easy and some difficult as well as youth hunts and team hunts with mixed male and female partners. Entry fees are reasonable and if you are good enough and luck enough you may be able to recoup your entry fees with the items you dig. If you are real lucky you may find one of the big prize objects. There will be reps from some of the Detector companies and all levels of entrants from the novice to the pros and t heoretically everyone has an equal chance to win a good prize. More than likely you will get to meet some of the folks in person that are here on the forum. I will be there and I know stoney56 will be there and who else? It looks to be a couple of really fun days and best of all the diggng area is only about 8 miles from my front door! Check out the ITTHC home page for details and hope to see some of you there. JIM

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Club or "Seeded" Hunts?

Just got back form the club hunt and have had time to kick back , eat dinner and relax a bit. I'm tired! Spent nearly all day at the club hunt and had a good time. Many prizes were won or claimed in drawings but all I came home with was 16 silver dimes, 2 silver quarters, and 16 wheat pennies of various years. Didn't make enough to cover my entry fee but it was my first time out with the club and I am awfully slow. The targets are purposly planted shallow because each hunt lasts only 30 minutes. Most can bend at the waist and dig the coins out but with my poor old bad back I have to get down on my knees each time and being so slow I can't cover as much territory as fast as the others. The last hunt was the best as all the targets were some type of silver coin and you got to keep what you dug. There was around 80 entrants and the field was about an acre in size. There were several hundred "targets" planted for the hunt. Stoney56 was there and he got over 40 dimes and 4 quarters! I did find a prize token in one hunt and won a 1923 Morgan Silver dollar. Beautiful coin, first one I had seen and handled in years. A good time was had by all! JIM

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Club or "Seeded" Hunts?

Sounds like you had fun. At least you got out and got some exercise. Plus sounds like you got a good haul of silver. Silver and silver coins are on the rise so you may make that entry fee back after all.

1923 Morgan Silver dollar
VF-20- $11.00
MS-64- $40.00

WTG, keep it up and HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 115
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 61

Top Member Reactions