Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
White's Goldmaster II "gold nugget card"

Hi Everyone,

Back about 18 years or so ago, I received a gift White's Goldmaster II "gold nugget card", plasticized, enveloping a small nugget, and overall about the size of a slightly enlarged credit card. One side advertised the White's logo and the Goldmaster II etc, the other side had the nugget plus various weight equivalents. If anyone recalls it, can you make an estimate of the nugget weight?
I think it's about a grain or so, but that's a guess. Anyone? Thanks...Jim.

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: White's Goldmaster II "gold nugget card"

I got one of those from ... Hays Electronics... in Az. with his own averstement on it but what the Gold nugget in that card weights i Don't know.......I must have got that card from him 12 or 15 years ago............==Jim==

Attachments

• 100_1326.jpg
    100_1326.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_1325.jpg
    100_1325.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 328

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd

Wow that baby is small in US inches looks to be 1/8 to 1/4..???? anyone have measurements...Thats a nice looking nugget.. :thumbsup:
thanks for the test jim..what tresh hold and audio are you using in stat mode..james

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd

Thanks jim your settings are spot on as to what I usually use I like the audible +9 and 0 to -2 Treshold..I for sure need to do more testing
in Stat and all metal motion...The gold Nugget is tiny I wonder how the Gold Bug II will pick it up..Hopefully in the near future maybe I will Be lucky enough to find a nugget shooting or panning.. ;D..Jim my well went crazy today and Im going nuts trying to figure it out..It aint looking good..good luck finding the coil..james

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

jim that doesnt sound to bad for depth, the thing i like on the t-2 is the excellent tone modulation, my whites qxt was also great for that, bought a xt 50 for my son, and played with it a little more this weekend ,up north near the old gold mine areas, not impressed with the rough gb adjustments or audio mod. have to try the 18.75dd next time. wasnt looking for gold, have a very trashy iron loaded site of about 10 acres where you cant move more than 16" with out hitting scrap. charcoal kilns [1860s] for the pig iron furnaces, from what ive read the RR system used wooden rails between kilns areas, this spot has 7 kilns and there are suppose to be 125 kilns along this track system. ive lived in this area most of my life, riding dirt bikes and never seen any others, going to have to break down and follow the spikes one day, and find more of the kilns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread