need help with a garrett

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
today when i got up the creek my gtp 1350 would'nt do anything turned it on sounded as if it was overloading i turned it off checked the coil it was clean so then i reset it same thing i then changed the batt. same thing checked the cord nothing so i traded coils with my buddy's ace 250 that worked good but pinpointing didnt he had the same problem pinpointing but no overload plase someone help me i just bought this detector like a month ago..thanks for your time and HH

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you didn't install Lithium batteries and the Alkiline batteries are good, I think you need to send it back for a check up. I'd also check the pins in the connection to make sure one isn't bent.

Let us know how you fair.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend who purchased the garret 2500 and he had the same exact problem turned out it was the 12 inch coil ,it was bad along with the gain setting to high .Once the coil was replaced it seemed to work ok .

Good Luck !

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen to my 2500 using the standard coil. I didn't know what it was at first but swapped coils and it worked. Then it happened the other night after hunting a area that had high grass right after it rained. I swapped coils again and it worked. Then I remembered the first time it happened I had put the coil in about 2 inches of water on the edge of a creek. I figured it got wet and that's what caused it to freak out. I didn't use the coil for about a week the first time and then plugged it back up and it worked. I currently have it disconnected in hopes it will work later on after sitting for a while. These coils are suppose to be waterproof ::) If mine works when I plug it back up, I'm gonna do my own water proofing. ;D
Please let us know what Garrett says is wrong with it.
I also had problems pinpointing afterward but I was using the 12.5 coil and I have always had trouble pinpointing with it.
Good Luck,
Ed

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
thats what my t-2 did when i sumerged the coil, water leaked inside. heated the oven and shut it off and put the coil in to dry it out, i did this a few times. dont heat the oven to much

OP
OP
dragon6banger

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
well i called garrett today all they told me was they shipped it out on the 5th and i would recive it in the mail in the morning when it get it let everyone know what they did if any repairs.. HH

OP
OP
dragon6banger

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
well i got my detector back today just like garrett said everything seems to be in good working order they put a new coil on it recalibrated it and updated the programming on the unit the gave me new battery holders and batteries. well i cant get out to use it today but it will be this week i did get it the yard for a few minutes and everything l;ooks good so i guess garrett has a pretty good return on warranty repairs i think mine was about 2 weeks so im happy..
HH all

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
dragon6banger said:
everything checks out it works great i guess garrett knows what their doing

Garrett has a great reputation for good service and for standing behing their machines. im glad they did a good job for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread