Up Grading

dAUg19.3

Greenie
Oct 26, 2006
Cold Cold Minnesota
Hi to all,
I have been MDing for about four or five years.
I have a Whites Classic I.D. now, but it is time that
I get a new detector.At first I was going to get
Whites MXT, then I saw Mindlabs X-Terra 70 on ebay
and took a look at it. Now I am torn between the two
Could any one out there give me pros and cons of the
two machines? I have done some research on both but
nothing is better than experience.
Thank you in advance
dAUg19.3

Upvote 0

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
I looked at both and went with the X-Terra 70. The light weight and the prospecting mode was what really made the choice for me. Go to www.findmall.com and look at the X-Terra section. Read the FAQFAQ section. It really shows what the 70 is capable of and explains the use of the machine very well. I extremely please with the 70 and know that I made the right choice for me.

Good hunting, John K

OP
OP
dAUg19.3

dAUg19.3

Greenie
Oct 26, 2006
Cold Cold Minnesota
thank you all for your replies
they are a great help in helping
me to decide.
I have about eighty percent of
the money saved up. I am really
getting excited
again
Thank you Thank you Thank you ;D :thumbsup:

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
just one thing to remember is you will want other coils, i think the xterras are great but dont like them with the stock coil, you get better target seperation,with the DD's, the mxt does well with the stock coil, but the DD's are also preferd on them as well

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
The ability to have 3 different frequencies on the X-Terra 70 is a real bonus. The 3 kHz is a killer for deep silver, the 7.5 kHz coils are great all around coils and the 18.75 kHz coils are great for finding gold nuggets and gold jewelry. Those thin gold chains are easily picked up with the 18.75 kHz coils. In areas without a lot of junk, using prospecting mode with the 3 or 7.5 kHz coils really give great depth. You'll get about 30 hours of hunting from 4 AA batteries. For the money, the 70 is a very versatile detector.

Good hunting, John K

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread