how do i tweek my xlt?

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to medal detector reviews / under whites ........... look for Bridge End Farms and check the different programs out .

Mac

P.S. Hope this helps .

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Are you new to detecting, or new to the XLT? If so, I'd change only the bare minimum of factory settings, and leave the rest alone for a little while. Reason is: I was president of a club for many years, back when the Spectrum and XLT first came up (1990s). I can't TELL you how many people came in with their XLT "acting haywire", and seeking advice. Invariably, when I'd look at their machine and their settings, I'd see that they'd gone in there and maxed out every single setting. When I'd ask "why'd you max this and that?", they'd say "because I didn't want to miss out on anything" Doh! I guess they'd hear someone in the meeting comment on how they'd fiddled with this or that, then the newbie would see some nice find those aces had made, and figure he'd better max out everything, lest he be in wimpy beginner settings. Then he'd end up with a spastic sputtering mess.

So start out with the basics, barring just comfortable adjustments on background hum or volume, etc... Once you're familiar with it, and have dug hundreds of targets, then you will have a better appreciation for the various suggested programs/changes you will find on-line.

OP
OP
dugdigger

dugdigger

Mar 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & fisher 1265
thank you guys i'll take my time with my machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions