Metal Detecting Tips, for public places...

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Whenever I go metal detecting to a park and there is people around, this is what I do, I go to the nearest trash can and in plain view I empty the trash from my pouch. (I make sure people is looking).

I also bought a mesh bag that I am in the process of fixing, my plan is to pick up litter from the park as I go around detecting...

Trying to gain the good will of the people who hate our hobby.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good reminder, Lou423. But I would hope all concientious md'ers pick up the trash as they go. It makes the next visit easier to hunt. TerryC

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
Wanna come help me clean my park ill share the clad lol

B

BIG61AL

I try to leave my trash in the trash cans so anyone can see all the frigging aluminum can pieces i dig up especially all the sharp stuff I remove...jagged metal, beer bottle caps with glass still attached, barbed wire, mower blades, fish hooks you name it some knuckle head has left where kids play

GoldBurn

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & GTI 2500
I recently got a tip to keep some shards of broken glass or other sharp things that can be found at parks. If ever confronted, show them the nasty stuff that you 'found' and they will see you in a different light.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread