How to carrying a MD on a scooter? Ideas?

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab EX2, Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer
Does anyone have a scooter/moped that they use to go MDing with? I have two honda elites. One is a 80cc and the other is a 150cc.

I have a milkcrate on the back and put all my equipment in the basket and i put the detector in between my legs and drive less than a mile radius to go detect. I tried bungy cording it but its not too good.
Just wondering if there are any brackets i could buy to attach them to the scoot. ive seen surfboards on these things with brackets, why not a MD?

On the pos side. A scooter is great to use to go hunting. They are out of sight, you can get right to the spot or quickly buzz to another area, and the gas is cheap. Its my Main hunting vehicle right now and it works great in a 10 mile radius.

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I would try a rifle type sling.......Or break it down and put it in a big backpack..............

OP
OP
rayray3

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab EX2, Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer
Oh yeah...
maybe those rifle brackets that are on those small four wheeler jobbies.... Ill have to look that up. Thanks!Q!

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
I don't think he meant the bracket for holding a gun. It's the sling that you want, or a belt, or a piece of rope or anything like this. Then you could put your head and one arm threw it and carry it like a quiver of arrows on your back.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
sparkymaster said:
I don't think he meant the bracket for holding a gun. It's the sling that you want, or a belt, or a piece of rope or anything like this. Then you could put your head and one arm threw it and carry it like a quiver of arrows on your back.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:Yes sir that is what i was talking about..............

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
LOl!!!! i have a honda Elite ch250 and i go metal detecting with it all the time. 75 miles per gallon! I use a vaguero that breaks down into 3 pieces which fits into a small backpack. I put the head phones and lesche digger under the seat. Glad to hear from another scooter user. Do you realize how much the elites are going for nowadays? it's mind boggling. Love my honda scooter!!!!!

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often go out on my bicycle, have a metro park within a 1/2 mile ride, city parks about 2 and 4 miles away, and a school a couple hundred yards away, other schools a few miles or so. I break mine down into two pieces put them in a small gym bag and sling it round my shoulder. Should work for scooter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread