Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
19Blockhead64 said:
I keep my nice finds in a coin case and rings in a leather pouch, but lately I've been wanting to display all my non valuable finds in some fashion.
Pendents, Boy Scout medals, keys. etc, etc.
So how do you display your finds?

I like to make frames with old photos of the actual dig sites and mount the coins and tokens into those frames.

I can't post examples here due to the new copyright rules.

Badger

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only take photo's of the valuable items for showing friends and family. Other items are saved in five gallon buckets.

I too won't post pics here anymore because of the changed copyright rules. Tips are only the ones that were posted before. If you have questions, email me, not a PM which can be read.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The Hunter said:
Ok guys, what have I missed on the copyright rules?

If you post any pictures here they legally become the property of TreasureNet. Now, lets say you want to self-publish a treasure book someday that probably only you will read or even like.

If you use any photos you posted here, legally you'd have to 1st get permission from TreasureNet to put them into your book.

Whenever we post pictures here that belong to us, we forfit the right to use them for our own pleasure elsewhere (unless we get permission). To use them without permission from TreasureNet is the same as stealing property belonging to TreasureNet.

Now lets get real interesting and consider copyright photos we "borrow" off the net and use here.

Since these don't really belong to us in the 1st place we have a really nasty thing going. First we're stealing something that belongs to someone else by using it without permission--then we're posting this stolen material on a site that clearly has stated it owns all materials posted here. Hum? Kind of like giving away stolen merchandise. NOT GOOD!

There's a whole lot more to all this of course. Sites today have to be careful for many potentially hazardous legal reasons.

Confused? Others will explain what I'm trying to say.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow MIBadger, I had no idea about that!

I certainly do not agree with that at all! It is these pictures that bring people to the site and makes them money.

I can only blame myself for not reading everything, but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of users here have no idea about this.

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
I just read the posts about the copyright rules.

Not sure what that means, so, I just deleted 9 pics of displays here at home.

Don't want to get into trouble here.........see ya mark

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
That's the reason I take two sets of pictures one for me and one for the forum.

I do agree that it is a crappy rule but I can kind of see where they are trying to go with it.

No one will stop me from using pictures of what I find that I have not put on the forum, it's that simple.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mastereagle22 said:
That's the reason I take two sets of pictures one for me and one for the forum.

I do agree that it is a crappy rule but I can kind of see where they are trying to go with it.

No one will stop me from using pictures of what I find that I have not put on the forum, it's that simple.

Excellent post :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And all I wanted to know was, How do you display your finds for people that come over and are curious about metal detecting.

The Hunter

Sep 25, 2007
Forney, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sorry to get you guys off track but thanks for the copyright info. And yes it's a crappy rule. I guess I'll take caution with any pic's I post. If any.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff of PA, where ARE you????
Maybe he can shed more light on this bugaboo copyright thing, as it pertains to the net. Seems to me, if I may say so, the net is really just covering their butts so if others (worldwide?) use pics you post here, Tnet can stop their publication. Tell me that;s so, Jeff of PA !!!! TTC

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
TerryC said:
Jeff of PA, where ARE you????
Maybe he can shed more light on this bugaboo copyright thing, as it pertains to the net. Seems to me, if I may say so, the net is really just covering their butts so if others (worldwide?) use pics you post here, Tnet can stop their publication. Tell me that;s so, Jeff of PA !!!! TTC

I'm sure that's mostly it. But, what I posted would be true also (technically).

It's not a matter of being nasty or anything like that. It's just that today legal things can be so complex that smart people watch what they post.

Now me on the other hand, I just do as I please ;D

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
19Blockhead64 said:
And all I wanted to know was, How do you display your finds for people that come over and are curious about metal detecting.

It goes this way sometimes. This is the nature of forums. I've posted threads and have been totally ignored (common for me). So, I just jumped back in like an outside commentor.

As for displays, take pictures of your actual dig sites and do research on them. Make a little picture story and fix the coins/tokens/keys/ etc., to the picture and mount on the wall.

You could also put yourself into the picture. One thing I love to do is get an old original photo of the hunting spot or area and put myself into the picture.

Example: You have an old photo or drawing of an old 1800's jail house. It's gone today, but you dug a badge there at that location. Now print an old picture of the jail and transpose a picture of you with your detector working by the jail. Sound cool? It is!

Badger

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Oh sorry got off topic.

What I have done is taken pictures of places I have hunted and then pictures of the finds and put them in a folder. people can flip through the book and then see where I have been and what I have found.

In the house I have a couple of rolling plastic boxes that I keep big stuff in. Smaller stuff like keys, etc I put into frames just like the guy up above posted and secure the neat things inside the box. That way people can look at them when they want.

I am working on coming up with a frame that I could attach them to and keep them verticle like the magazie displays at Wal-Mart and other places.

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I throw a lot away but what I keep I put in mason jars.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I don't necessarily "Display" them, as everything is tucked away in a drawer for now, but I have made a couple of picture frame displays out of my favorite finds. Here's one....

Attachments

• Display1.JPG
    Display1.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Display2.JPG
    Display2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 130

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread