Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't make it out this morning.........

I stayed home this morning for the first time in several weeks.? My regularly scheduled morning to have breakfast with my hunting buddies.? ? I got up early enough to go before b'fast, but decided to get a couple more hours sleep .? And, I feel like I need a fix!? I really enjoiy my predawn forays out into the community.? It's become like sex, you miss one time and you can never make it up!?
? I went to the local rodeo grounds yesterday morning.? It hasn't been detected and should have a lot of clad and probably some jewelry out where they park the trailers.? I had to walk in about a quarter because the main gate is kept locked but there is a foot gate open.? I don't walk distances too well so I had to go slow and take my time.? Only spent about an hour around the concessioin and the grandstands and picked up 4 quarters, six dimes, several pennies and a ton of pull tabs that acted like nickels.? ?There is about a half acre grassy field where they park the trailers out on the sunny side of the grounds that I intend to go back to next time.? A rodeo event typically lasts about 3 days and the trailers are special made with living quarters in the front and stock trailers built into the back.? In essence it is a short term RV parking lot.? I'm pretty sure it has never been detected.? I plan to take my 14" searchcoil and hunt it very slowly.? There should be some jewelry, lots of clad and some western memorabilia such as spurs, those little bridle buttons, etc. and perhaps a bull riding bell?? Will report back when I" get 'er done"!? JIM? P.S.? This is the area where I found 13 Hot Wheels cars.? Someone dug abut 3, two foot deep holes in that area!? Probably the person who buried them looking for them.? They were more surprised than me I'll bet when they came up missing!

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Didn't make it out this morning.........

Good luck Jim,

find some good stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread