What you might find in a river side campsite.. pics

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Finally the day after labor day and the upriver remote camp sites are vacant. got out for a couple of hours this morning and run my minelab sovereign on full disc. A few of the pics are of the campsite and nearby river. The coins are all clad 70's and 80's mostly with the surprise silver canadian 1904 King Edward 5 cent piece. It was weak signal and dug at about 3 to 4 inches. The one pic of a coin like it is from the net. Mine had already taken a hit many years ago and I finished him off with a scrape to the face with my shovel. I wish everyone of you could experience the enjoyment of hunting in remote areas like this. And believe me if people have camped they have lost things. I also collect old ammunition cases I find. These are handgun something a little smaller than a 40 cal S&W but have what looks like a small r v and some thing that looks like Egyptian letters. It'll take some research but thats part of the fun too. The unfired ones have a light firing pin indent probably why they were discarded.
Have a great hunt you all.
Silverswede.

Attachments

• b.b.meadows P.jpg
    b.b.meadows P.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 346
  • b.b.meadow riv.jpg
    b.b.meadow riv.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 349
  • CANADA-5C-1904.jpg
    CANADA-5C-1904.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 000_1816.JPG
    000_1816.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 000_1820.JPG
    000_1820.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cartridges look like 9mm Lebel, just a little less powerful than the 8mm Luger. They also look like old milsurp ammo and if so, it isn't unusual to get several misfires due to a weak hammer spring or bad ammo. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread