THE SEs pro coil vs. the 1050 coil for the SE. Do poll please and let me know!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
THE SE's pro coil vs. the 1050 coil for the SE. Do poll please and let me know!

Alright guys! Its that time of year again when we all get into the holiday cheer and everyone buys presents for everyone around christmas time. Parents want to get me at least one thing to unwrap this year. I have heard numerous things about the SE pro coil and the 1050 coil and was wondering what will increase my finds! I am using the stock slimline coil for the SE and have done pretty well learning it but now its time for an upgrade. I do not care if the coins are modern but would love to get a lot of older finds. I am trying different ways to get my machine to go deeper. SE users this is your time to get into the hustle and bustle and help me make a decision before christmas gets here!

Remember SANTA'S COMMING TO TOWN! :)

Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Re: THE SE's pro coil vs. the 1050 coil for the SE. Do poll please and let me know!

The SE Pro coil is the only way to go for increased depth, stability, sensitivity to smaller targets, and improved target separation and pinpointing capabilities.
$198 is the going price for this coil right now.

Minelab doesn't make the 1050 coil anymore, so it will be tougher to find.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Re: THE SE's pro coil vs. the 1050 coil for the SE. Do poll please and let me know!

I have the SE Pro coil and so far I have like it. I'm still hooked on my 8 inch excelerator but it is not as deep as the stock coil.

The Pro coil is a good buy for your machine. I think it is very sensitive on smaller objects, pinpointing with it is easy enough, and I think it does pretty good on finding good signals in amongst the trash.

I say go for it. :thumbsup:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PRO Coil all the way bud!

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D

Can I throw a monkey wrench into this and ask about the 10 x 12 SEF coil?

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you haven't gotten a Sunray X-1 probe already, you may want to investigate that as your next purchase. A whale of a time saver and reduces frustration when trying to dig the deep targets. I have the SE with a SR 8" and an E-Trac with the 'pro' coil. I think the pro-coil is better than the SR 8" in terms of stability and pinpointing. Double D helps too. Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread