Coin Poppers?

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Today I hit a local sports complex. It is loaded with coins! I first started cutting plugs with the trowel, but this seemed too time consuming. I then started using the coin probe and using a small screwdriver and the process got faster. I really like this method, but want something besides a screwdriver for popping the coins out. I saw a real nice popper awhile back, but can't seem to locate it now. Might even find something I like better.
What does you use and can you post a picture of it?

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah! Stick 'em in the oven at 350 degrees for ten minutes or until golden brown and dip 'em in some horseradish sauce.

Mmmmmmm.

Yeah!

OP
OP
S

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
BuckleBoy said:
Yeah! Stick 'em in the oven at 350 degrees for ten minutes or until golden brown and dip 'em in some horseradish sauce.

Mmmmmmm.

Yeah!

Do you stuff them with anything?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SwampHunter said:
BuckleBoy said:

Mmmmmmm.

Yeah!

Do you stuff them with anything?

They're COIN poppers. ::)

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray S ECenFL said:
BuckleBoy said:

Mmmmmmm.

Yeah!

Glad SOMEONE posted this.....I was SOOOOOO tempted...LOL

Ray S

Me too...lol
Al

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
SwampHunter said:
Today I hit a local sports complex. It is loaded with coins! I first started cutting plugs with the trowel, but this seemed too time consuming. I then started using the coin probe and using a small screwdriver and the process got faster. I really like this method, but want something besides a screwdriver for popping the coins out. I saw a real nice popper awhile back, but can't seem to locate it now. Might even find something I like better.
What does you use and can you post a picture of it?

SwampHunter I now use a rather unique method that can be much faster if'n you know how to pinpoint dead-on with your detector.

This works best for deeper coins and rings.

I cut a 3 inch wide U flap in the sod.

I peel the flap back carefully.

I go for the target with the coin popper shown in the picture below.

I place the dirt on a cloth--retrieve coin--funnel dirt back into hole--fold back the flap.

Don't buy one of these wider than about 2 1/2 inches because they don't pick up drier soil very well. If you drive the popper the full 9 inches deep it usually will pull up most of the dirt even if it is dry.

But this method works best in damper rich soils.

Once mastered it's super fast.

Cheers!

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread