Have high freq hearing loss? Try this!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a little trick I learned from Kevin Hoagland the rep from Minelab in a recent seminar held at the GPAA gold show in Dayton Ohio.

Believe it or not, some people do not hear certain frequencies emitted by their metal detector and are missing out on valuable finds!

If you are not hearing the higher frequency sounds emitted from your MD you can adjust the pitch on this device to a lower frequency that you can hear just by adding more bass and less treble to the signal!

This works like a charm even if you have perfect hearing. I experimented with this device and was able to easily hear even the faintest signals due to the 10db volume gain.

With it you can easily fine tune the sound to fit your personal hearing needs.
It is a 3 band equalizer that fits between your detector and your headphones. I ordered
mine from the koss.com website for $19.95

EQ50_1.jpg

With a 10dB boost or -10dB cut range of level, the EQ50 features a 3-band equalizer that allows for convenient and individual bass, midrange and treble adjustment, for a customized listening experience.

Power output is greater than 20mW per channel, providing clean undistorted output into your favorite stereophones. Ergonomically designed for easy handling, a rotary volume control and on/off switch are placed for convenient usage.

Hope this helps.

Buddy~

Here is Kevin's contact info: http://www.treasurenet.com/links/html/10c5.htm

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Thanks Buddy for the informatiom. just ordered one to try out. Loss some of my hearing standing to close to tanks. Hopefully this will help bring out a little better tone. Let you know how I like it.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks im going to get one as well... my old lady ruined my hearing :tongue3:

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
That's a new one on me! I think I'll give it a try also. Joe

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great idea,i ordered mine today.I found it on E-bay for about $13.00 and $6.00 in shipping. cant wait to get it. Thanks again for youe suggestion.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered one also. I have a high freuency loss and was having a terrible time distinguishing sounds with my Safari. Monty

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got mine already and ive been playing with it. it makes a BIG difference.thanks for the great idea. :thumbsup:

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Finally a product just for me, hard hearing and the upper ranges too (coincidentally a woman's frequency range) sorry ladies, we men don't always just have selective hearing as we are told so often.... :tongue3:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine arrived and I really can't tell too much difference. I guess I was expecting a bit too much?Anyway, I fond out you need some kind of connector to put it inline on my Safari as all the plugs are 1/4". Radio Shack has them cheap! Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep forgetting to take it out with me and haven't had much time to evaluate it in the field. Dumb old me, I'll try to remember next time. M ::) nty

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Thank you Buddy!
I will try one on my Quattro.
I have high frequency hearing loss from too many hour with a router and other shop tools.

Oh, Planet,
My wife doesn't yell at me very often, so I really can't blame her.

Monty,
Was wondering the other day how you were getting along with the Safari. Let me know. Myself, I have been having a great year so far with the Quattro.

Best of Luck all,
Mark

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Just wondering if any one has tried this device on a White's machine?

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread