TEKNETICS MARK ONE MODS..................

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....................I had one of these when they were brand new back in 1985 or so!! I never liked the factory made battery system so I will change this to a 9-volt system!! Will probably change the rod set up to an S-style rod and mount the meter on the end of the handle!! I am gathering the parts as I speak............found a Whites's DI meter..............also a 10 inch Hot Head Coil that works on the Teknetics....................Anyone have an S-Style rod that can be adaptable for mounting a Whites DI meter??.............Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks Joe

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Joe(TX) said:
....................I had one of these when they were brand new back in 1985 or so!! I never liked the factory made battery system so I will change this to a 9-volt system!! Will probably change the rod set up to an S-style rod and mount the meter on the end of the handle!! I am gathering the parts as I speak............found a Whites's DI meter..............also a 10 inch Hot Head Coil that works on the Teknetics....................Anyone have an S-Style rod that can be adaptable for mounting a Whites DI meter??.............Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks Joe..........................................................................Just wanted to backtrack a little bit..................I collect detector so over the years I have had several Teknetics including at least 2 Mark 1's, an 8500 and several of the Big Bud's...............I sell/trade/buy all of the time so all of these were sold years ago..............I like to look at the Modification Forums so looking at some of the Refits.....I was inspired...............looking thru all of my assorted detector accessories..........I found several Teknetics Coils that I have kept for some strange reason............so I reasoned that all I needed is the Control Box ........so i put some WTB ads in some of the Classified Forums and found one........It is a Mark 1 Limited which is the one with the Red Box and I believe that the TID meter is a bit more colorful...........Still deciding whether to mount the S-Rod on the Control Box or convert it to a Chest/Hip Mount System.................have most of the parts........except for the S-Rod.........right now i am gathering all of the tools..............found some hobby type razor/knifes..........need to cut out some more room in the battery area to make room for the 9 Volt Batteries and for the one 2 pack AA cell holder..........may also get a Dremel......but holding off till I get a bit more Info..............HH.......Joe

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...........SORRY..........my new post got mixed in with the original post........Joe

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.................SOME PIC'S............

Attachments

• MARK 1 METER.JPG
    MARK 1 METER.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,026
OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.......MORE PIC's.........

Attachments

• MARK 1 BATTERY COMPARTMENT.JPG
    MARK 1 BATTERY COMPARTMENT.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,156
OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...................MORE PIC's.........

Attachments

• BOUNTY HUNTER COIL.JPG
    BOUNTY HUNTER COIL.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 775
OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
................AND ONE MORE PIC............

Attachments

• COMPASS UPPER ROD ON A MARK 1.JPG
    COMPASS UPPER ROD ON A MARK 1.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 620
OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...............As stated above ...........I found a Mark 1 Limited Control Box and added a 10 inch Bounty Hunter Coil................found an upper Rod from an old Compass Detector and carved out some space in the battery compartment for the new 9 volt system...................I also have a 12 inch Hot Head Coil but the ears are a different width than the width of the current isolater rod!!.....So may skip this for now .........also will just go for the more Classic Look for now.........STILL LOOKING FOR AN S or T ROD..............ALSO have a separate Whites Meter but I like/prefer the Teknetics Meter and will leave it alone ........at least for now!!...............Also need a new Handle Grip as the unit was missing this ........was told to look at Motorcycle Grips........(THANKS RIC )...........May later decide to just go with the chest/hipmount set-up...............It has been at least 20 years since I had my hands on such a hot detector........sure bring back a lot of memories!!.........The 9 volt battery system is a tight fit with a the current battery covers........may have to figure out another way to do this??............Thanks for reading and looking.................Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread