• image-561520554.jpg
    image-561520554.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 838
  • image-288384223.jpg
    image-288384223.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 953

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
Good idea! Ive only had mine for a few weeks and one of the points cracked and fell of and the other is about half worn down. Not to mention you double your potential for scratching a coin.

OP
OP
E

eastkydigger.92

Jul 19, 2012
Well I found that it would go into the ground a lot better with only having one point at the end the double point would catch the ground or something and I couldn't hardly get it into the ground as well so I decided to modify it a little bit...

HH!!!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That shows initiative!

Good show.

slag

Jul 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fiskars tool like yours had the handle bend. I ended up pulling the entire handle off, filling it with JB weld, and then hammering it back onto the metal forks that push up into the handle. Doesn't flex anymore or budge and works great.

slag

Jul 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it worked great for 3 days, back to bending..

I just need to break down and get a lesche or 2.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it worked great for 3 days, back to bending..

I just need to break down and get a lesche or 2.
First thing i had was a lesche i didnt mess around with any cheap fixes and went straight for the good plug cutter...just buying acouple cheap tools can add up to the cost of a good 1 ...and theres no way your going to bend it

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The lesche is great. I have one and also have a hames Jackson, the jackson is built like a tank even thiker than the lesche, and it's all stainless and looks even better than the lesche, BUT the lesche works better... I might try to modify the tip like you did in yours to see if it penetrates the ground better.

OP
OP
E

eastkydigger.92

Jul 19, 2012
I noticed a huge difference when I modified the tip it penetrates the ground much better and makes for better target recovery!!

HH

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems others had the same problem as I with the handle bending. Mine broke completely off in fact. I cut about 1/4 inch of plastic off the handle to expose the metal from where it broke at and welded it back together at a very mild tilt. Then before it cooled, I pressed down on the plastic part of the handle to recover the 1/4 inch removed earlier. Can't even tell it was broke now, and works like a charm. I love these little digging tools, and recommened the to anyone looking for a low priced tough little sonofagun!

Hehe, also just remembered a funny little tidbit about the pronged end. Seems to be good at catching pull tabs on occasion without realising it.I'd hate to see that happen with a ring, but that hasn't happened to me yet.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharp tips are also great for scratching the heck out of your coins!

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i"ve broken the handle off of my fiskars too ended up welding some pipe on to the blade for a new handle. I think i might try to make mine just one tip as well its a great tool out side of the handle breaking off but now that i have that taken care of i think i'd have to hit it with a sledge hammer to break it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread