Garrett AT Pro solution!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't know about you folks, but I often find myself out dirt fishing at dawn, dusk, and sometimes even at 2AM...

Anyways, I have been a fan of the AT Pro since the day I got it, but I think alot of AT Pro fans would agree that it would be nice to have a backlit display.

Headlamps and headphones are annoying together, and I'm a minimalist with gear.

Here is a durable, easy, and professional looking solution.

1. Get online (Amazon is a great place for this) and find a Pelican L1 LED Flashlight. (~12.00)

2. While your on Amazon, also pick up the Pelican L1 1946 Attachment kit. (~13.00)

The rest you can figure out very easily.
See attached photos.

It is out of the way, virtually adds zero weight, and a has a small and bright concentrated beam you can angle directly to the display.

The L1 came with a heavy duty red,green,clear and blue filter lenses. these are installed internally, so they aren't some cheapie design that goes on the outside of the flashlight. So it won't disable your night vision!!!! I prefer the green, as it makes the display extremely easy to read even in a full moon.

Your hand and arm will not cause light blockage no matter your body type because it is positioned to the outside of your arm cuff!

I've had mine for over a year, I hunt 6-8 hours at a time, and very often... And I've never replaced the battery and it's still just as bright as day 1.

The Velcro is heavy duty and strong, I have never had the mount pulled off by limbs, rocks, backpacks, or headphone cords! It's on there!

Best part is, it's 100% removable in a second.
No sticky residue, no wiring into the control head, no duct tape jobs or batteries getting replaced often.

I have used this setup for over a year now, I hunt hard and in rugged terrain, including in lakes, rivers and creeks. Although the L1 product info doesn't expressly state it, i will. IT'S WATERPROOF.

ADVICE: put a small key ring thru the flashlight clip after its in the base as a safety. It is a tight, positive grip without it, but I wouldn't want a limb to knock it out when I'm not paying attention. I hunt rough country!

Attachments

• image-860211609.png
    image-860211609.png
    551.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • image-3594435818.png
    image-3594435818.png
    567.1 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of went the same way but I went to WalMart bought a $5 Winchester bore light with the flexible light. I zip tied the light to the arm cuff where the strap feeds through and I can position the flexi light where I need to.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I kind of went the same way but I went to WalMart bought a $5 Winchester bore light with the flexible light. I zip tied the light to the arm cuff where the strap feeds through and I can position the flexi light where I need to. Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Hahaha!

I use the same silver Winchester bore light on my fly fishing pack... I use the little pen clip thing to attach it on my shoulder strap so I can see when tying on new flies at dusk and dawn!

Haha why didn't I think to grab it for my detector?!?! Haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions