AT PRO Detector Modification Question

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering, has anyone ever made an adjustment to their control box? I mean, has anyone here ever removed it and changed it's position on the shaft so it was easier to read? Maybe by using brackets or spacers of some kind?? I might do this to my AT Pro, so I can pay closer attention to the ID numbers, the ground, sounds and my swing ... all at once. As it is, the AT's Id numbers are quite small and the ergonomics are too simple, which leads me to have to contort a little and strain my eyes to see the numbers as I am trying to pay attention to the position of the coil as it swings. I seem to think that if I can pay more attention to the numbers, and everything else simultaneously, I might actually narrow in on better targets more often. I know that people usually say don't rely on the numbers but I think for me I need the numbers just as much as what I am hearing. My machine might not sound off on a masked target, but the ID might show it in the ground, I don't want to miss that if the numbers are picking up where the sound isn't. That's my point really, to use them (sound and ID numbers) together more easily and efficiently, accurately or whatever.

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
I am also very interested in this very same modification, but for another reason. I want to see the digital display so as to pinpoint my targets easier! The top line of the display is almost hidden under the painted plastic. Can't easily see it. Tilting the unit up and around toward me would cure this problem. Also, like you, I would like to see the numbers flashing on the readout, depth, etc...older eyes sometimes need a little assistance. Maybe someone makes a tilting, swivel mount for the electronics. I would sure try it!!

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll see how it goes when I get around to it!

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
Please keep us informed if you come up with something...I'll do the same. May not be pretty, but I want my electronics to tilt both up and to the left.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinfoil hats, will reflect light so you can see the numbers better. Helps the rest of us see you also.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sounds are way more important than the numbers so I am not terribly concerned with the numbers.

You could get better glasses so you could read the numbers at that distance.

Or... You could make a harness that goes around your neck that holds the control box on your chest. Nobody I know makes one but they do for the Excals. You could look at that one and get an idea how to modify something to hold the AT-Pro control box. Check if the cable length will be long enough first by uncoiling it and running it straight up the shaft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread