cz_kid

Greenie
Oct 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just wanted to post my sling/mount I put together on my pro. It was relatively inexpensive and extremely easy if you can cut tape and turn an allen wrench. Paracord as a mount and an old gym bag strap would work too but I like a more professional and worry free setup with everything due to my background. It comes in handy for me since I'm around water a lot. Once released, the detector settles on my hip and lower back area while the coil remains on the ground. Depending on how short you make the sling, it could also take some weight off the detector but I like an unimpeded swing so I maintain full weight on my arm.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
Because of the style of mount, I just threw on a tactical light and adapter to show the possibilities since I already had one even though I don't see myself detecting at night.
photo 3.JPG
The parts consisted of:
1) Aluminum Weaver barrel mount. (Max barrel diameter of 1")
2) Aluminum Picatinny sling mount with quick disconnect push button.
3) 1 point tactical sling with quick disconnect buckle.
4) Piece of black duct tape. (To avoid metal on metal between mount and detector)
5) Aluminum Picatinny 1" tactical light mount.
6) Any tactical light with 1" diameter battery housing.

Total cost not including the light was approximately $40.00

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks nice, but $40.00 isn't relatively inexpensive for a DIY project. I couldn't open the pictures properly for some reason so I couldn't tell if it was padded or not where it goes over your shoulder. There are similar models out there and I tried them without luck. The reason they didn't work for me was that I needed something to take most of the weight off my shoulder and arm and not impede my swing. I tried several commercially available options and only the pro swing has worked for me.

As long as yours works few hat you want thats all that matters. You said it works and it looks heavy duty, and will probably last for years. Now, make a few more and have others test it out then patent it and make some money off it. Then move onto your next project.

OP
OP
cz_kid

cz_kid

Greenie
Oct 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's unfortunate you couldn't open the pictures. Maybe the files were too big? Anyway, I guess "relatively inexpensive" is with comparison to the price of everything else MD related such as detectors, pointers, shovels and so on. And because everything used is of weapon tested parts which can become pricey to simply use on a MD. As per becoming 100% load bearing, I think I would need to make the attachment point somewhere around the electronics which would impede way to much swing. Luckily the AT Pro is light enough that it's not too much of a concern for me at this point in my life. My main concern was loosing it in the water and constantly "dumping" it too the ground for a dig. I don't think it's a patent worthy idea either (I wish) since it's parts that were already developed for pretty much the same use but on weapons.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to open the pictures but only part of the first one and the third one opened. The second picture was all three put together. Possibly because i am on my iPad.
When i said get to work, i meant explore your device further. Make it better so others will want to use it. Thats the American way make something or improve something and make a buck off it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I myself spent $25 & I got the original detecting buddy shipped 3 days & thing works awesome can be used on any machine & makes any machine weightless like ur not detecting just walking u can swing the,machine with ur pinky all day If u want no problem

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread