Whites DF SAT speed

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
White's DF SAT speed

Please, is there any way I can turn up the SAT speed on this detector to a fast speed? This would be a very important feature, I think ALL saltwater detectors should have it! Please tell me there's some internal screw that you can just turn up...:laughing7:

A while ago I did read that there was a mod to do this, something like changing a capacitor... or something???.

Otherwise I have to fork out $$$ for an older version which has that feature.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please, is there any way I can turn up the SAT speed on this detector to a fast speed? This would be a very important feature, I think ALL saltwater detectors should have it! Please tell me there's some internal screw that you can just turn up...:laughing7:

A while ago I did read that there was a mod to do this, something like changing a capacitor... or something???.

Otherwise I have to fork out $$$ for an older version which has that feature.

I know on many you could have what the GMT has,V/SAT. It involves removing a resistor and putting a potentiometer in its place,mounting it externally. So if your existing SAT resistor is say,220k,then if you put in a 400k pot you could turn it way down for a faster speed and turn it way up for an even slower speed than you already have,if needed. Variable Self Adjusting Threshold-V/SAT! The 400k pot goes 0-400k,400 being the most resistance it can offer,0 being no resistance. Doing this instead of simply replacing the resistor takes the guesswork out of hoping you have the right resistor for the speed you want. You can basically tune it infinitely within those parameters.
Have fun!
IDXM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread