Tactical lighting

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I occasionally like to hunt a little past sunset and typically use a headlamp. They work fine in must situations but someone's they will draw in bugs or if you are with someone you wind up blinded every time you look at each other. Another disadvantage is they draw attention from paranoid people. Then one day it hit me. I could easily mount a small picatinny rail on the shafts of my detector and install little flashlight. So I did, and it works great. I borrowed this light from my AR-15, it even has a panic strobe for dogs and punks.

With the new CORS Fortune (aka NEL Sharpshuter) coil and what I call my Ninja Light, I decided to rename my machine. Originally the X-terra 305, I'm calling it the 'Ninja 305 Icewing Edition'. Ok that's a little much but still a fun way to customize about any detector.

tmp_20790-20160711_125920-607538867.jpg tmp_20790-20160711_125905-1768531061.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck with the tactical setup! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck with the tactical setup! :occasion14:

Thanks, I'm going to Destin Florida in the near future and plan to do some night hunting on the beach.
I'm just into tinkering and customizing things and thought, why not....?
It's a simple, cheap, and eaily adaptable addition.

I should work in R&D, I have lots of ideas.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...And if someone comes towards you in a threatening manner after dark, just hold up your "deadly coin weapon" at them. Maybe they'll see the size of the coil and think you're packing a cannon! :laughing9:

Stay safe out there. :thumbsup:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see a beam pattern during hours of limited visibility. Is it tight at that distance or can you change the lens for a flood pattern?

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a bicycle light diffuser that spreads the beam to a wide one. I'd look for a red one to not destroy your night vision. Amazon has them by the way...

Happy Hunting!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great mod. Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread