The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought some parts from Plugger to modify my metal detector with. I was going to put the detector box on the Hip Mount that I bought from him, but realized that the holes drilled in the bar to attach the box too were misaligned. I shot him an email and not only did he respond immediately, but had already sent out the correct bar by Priority Mail! He even was modest enough to admit his mistake and actually thanked me for pointing it out so he could change out the other bars on the mounts that he had there. Now that's really what I call service!!! :icon_thumright: I absolutely love all of the products that I purchased from him, plan to buy even more and always will for whatever future MDs that I buy.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be very careful hip mounting your machine on your hip. They tend to put a lot of repeated stress on the cabling. Minelab Repair at Kellyco said they'd seen a lot of repairs on Excals from that mounting. Did you actually end up getting an Excal ?

As for Plugger? Great guy and great service! I use his straight shaft with the controls mounted behind my elbow and zip tie my cabling to keep it from flexing. Also, get yourself a little container of silicone grease to prevent dry rotting.

Last edited:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love it when you get great service. I love it more when people tell others about great service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions