silly question maybe Ace 250

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had my unit open, but I know some of you DIY'ers have, is there perhaps a way to make this unit a "treshold" machine..I find it most annoying that there is no sound at any time unless you hit metal..sometimes I take a coin and wave at the coil just to make sure its still working...I know someone did a similar mod to a Whites (I think) unit.thanks for any input, Tom

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
You can add GB and threshold to any Whites Classic models. I have tried to do the same on the Ace 250 with no success.

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
khouse said:
You can add GB and threshold to any Whites Classic models. I have tried to do the same on the Ace 250 with no success.

Well thanks alot, I knew someone would have tried....I also knew I read about someone doing it on a whites detector..Tom

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2 years has anyone come up with a way to do this yet????

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
When I run into a quiet area as far as signals I just hit the PP button to see if it's working.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gallileo60 said:
In 2 years has anyone come up with a way to do this yet????

Sell the 250 and buy a GTAx 400. The sell for dirt cheap and you can hear faint threshold. No tones though.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep you PP button pushed down rig up a toggle and you have a noise

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still using the ol Ace, got much better with it as time went on..Bought an AT Pro last week to use as primary, as always the Ace is in the trunk ready to go..Might open it up now and tinker with it...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still using the ol Ace, got much better with it as time went on..Bought an AT Pro last week to use as primary, as always the Ace is in the trunk ready to go..Might open it up now and tinker with it...

Thats my set up....That ATP will for sure give you some noise..lol..Its funny you said you had to check to see if it were on a few times, a few years ago when i had the ACE, i would turn it off to go see what my buddy found, and would swing for about 5 minutes before i relized I never turned it back on..lol

good luck with the new machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread