Home made Shadow X2 rain cover 4 photos

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
It ain't pretty but it'll do the job. Ripped up a old kids toy pocketbook to use the urethane (or whatever it is) coating. A fast and easy velcro closure. Easy thumb access. I know I could've bought one, but it's more fun for me If I can make it. Whatta ya think?
Cyas, Mike

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 524
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 468
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 692

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Well, that is a lot better than the ones I used to make out of those produce bags you find in the grocery store. Sounds like you invested just about as much money as I did. I'm with you, why waste the money. Good job.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
You did a great job on that...

I've done the same kinda... I take the unit of the handle, put it in a zip lock bag so I can dee the display through the bottom of the bag with the cord coming out the zip-end facing down to keep it dry. Then simply screw the unit back onto the handle. It looks stupid but works.

Yours almost looks like manufactured... great job!

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Montana Jim said:
You did a great job on that...

I've done the same kinda... I take the unit of the handle, put it in a zip lock bag so I can dee the display through the bottom of the bag with the cord coming out the zip-end facing down to keep it dry. Then simpley screw the unit back onto the handle. It looks stupid but works.

Yours almost looks like manufactured... great job!
Thanks. I used to do the same thing with a ziploc on my White's. Worked fine. Did'nt care what it looked like as long as it worked.
HH, Mike in NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread