OBN's Post on buying Coil Cable.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
helloeverybody!

When I need it,I can't find it.My "searches" are lame.Yea.I am living in Santa Marta,Colombia and my Excalibur Cable has gone bad.Ha.
I already changed it out Once,using OBN's Process,with the PVC Pipe,and Epoxy,It came out OK.But I couldn't get the proper Cable here,and getting anything in the Mail is a Nightmare.So I bought some strands of Wire,and fed them through a LONG piece of Heat-shrink Tubing.(like putting a wet Noodle up a Wildcats A##!). Shrunk it down real good and installed it,thinking "that'll get me by for a little while"..Well,it did(4Months)It's kinda strange.In more than 2 Inches of Salt water It sounds off almost constantly,unusable.
Up on the Wet,it works fine.So I'm going soon to Bogota (big City) and try to find some "constant Flex Cable" that will work.Can someone help me locate that Post by OBN? Thanks for anything.

stoneshirt.

OP
OP
S

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Just a Follow-up.does this look like a Flaw,with that center "Dimple showing some Coil Windings,allowing a short in Salt Water?I didn't want to scrap to hard to make it reveal it's self,but it looks a different Color.??
stoneshirt.

Attachments

• PICT0078.jpg
    PICT0078.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 99

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread