• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 875

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm confused? You cut the handle off so you could hold it by the even bigger box? ???

Bran <><

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
godisnum1 said:
So I'm confused? You cut the handle off so you could hold it by the even bigger box? ???

Bran <><
I cut the handle off to make it overall smaller. I did'nt like that it was so big. Much easier to carry now. Fits in my pouch.
Later, Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i was thinking about doing that too but i was afraid the vibrator mechanism was housed in the handle. i guess it isnt?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike95inNJ said:
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><
I cut the handle off to make it overall smaller. I did'nt like that it was so big. Much easier to carry now. Fits in my pouch.
Later, Mike

Sorry, I didn't want it to sound rude. I just didn't know how you were gonna hold the thing while you were using it. I could see that it would be easier to carry though... guess whatever works!

Bran <><

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
hollowpointred said:
i was thinking about doing that too but i was afraid the vibrator mechanism was housed in the handle. i guess it isnt?
This is the older Automax that did'nt have the vibrate option. I believe on the V2 and V4 the vibrating mechanism is indeed in the handle. You can check by sliding off the outside of the handle and gently pry it open to see if it's in there. I believe it is.
Take care, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread