is this a meteorite projectil?

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not sure what it is called, but i rememenr seeing one and theor are different tupes and shapes. If i recall, its not the size, but the weight.
We researched sounding weights the first time around. Its a real possibility. The eye would be broken off.

Mr Guppy

Greenie
Mar 29, 2011
Looks like you cleaned up the 'spearhead' on a wire wheel, and that along with the other items I'm guessing are natural and extraterrestrial, but low nickel iron and thus not from the inner solar system asteroid belt, but rather from the Kuiper-belt/scattered-disc as a crust on the aqueously-differentiated dwarf planet core on which you're living. I could sink a container ship with the material I've stumbled over alone and thus it has no economic value and, indeed, is not recognized as native iron. I freely post the locations of similar material here in Southeastern Pennsylvania:
https://hillscloud.wordpress.com/trans-neptunian-object-crust-tno-crust-meteorwrongs-2/

The spearhead is particularly nice and doesn't look forged for as uniform as it is. That's a nice piece from whatever origin.

If you're in the Appalachian region, I'm guessing they eroded out of a Cambrian or Ordovician carbonate rock (limestone or dolomite) layer. Would you be good enough to post the coordinates of your find so I can check a geologic map of your area for my science project?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread