Best Depth PI Machine for meteorite hunting?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL! You can forget 18' deep right now. We use Minelab SD and GPX machines in Arizona. Depending on the size and type of the meteorite, you can get 40" or so.

OP
OP
P

PIMD2014

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! You can forget 18' deep right now. We use Minelab SD and GPX machines in Arizona. Depending on the size and type of the meteorite, you can get 40" or so.

What about the machines that go deep with giant coils? I want to look for giant large sized iron? Maybe scan 10-15 feet deep. Is that possible?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about the machines that go deep with giant coils? I want to look for giant large sized iron? Maybe scan 10-15 feet deep. Is that possible?

Using a towed coil is only possible in certain situations like flat desert lakebeds and plowed farm fields. There are very few strewnfields that fit those descriptions in the United States. You can build a large coil, but the odds of finding something large enough to hit at 15-feet is pretty slim. Try contacting Geoff Notkin (520) 742 3333 to see if he can sell you plans or gear.

OP
OP
P

PIMD2014

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I found the pi machine the meteorite men used on the discovery channel. I have also found a few other machines that seem like they are the same type. The only difference is the exact one i wanted was over 5K!... Anyone know of any good PI machines that are affordable? Please any takers? Pulse induction machines that go in the same depth range of 5-6 meters?

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top PI machine as Terry Soloman already pointed out would be a Minelab SD, GP or GPX. I can't imagine anything handheld finding an 18' deep target, though.

DolanDave

Aug 25, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, ect.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm an avid meteorite hunter in Arizona Nevada, and California. Almost 99% of the time I use my Minelab GPX5000. Your chances of finding irons are very slim. Chondrites are what you will find most of the time. I hunt iron alley in Franconia, AZ. strewnfield, and they blast my ears off. To find meteorites now adays, you need to put a lot of time in the field.
Dave

OP
OP
P

PIMD2014

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an avid meteorite hunter in Arizona Nevada, and California. Almost 99% of the time I use my Minelab GPX5000. Your chances of finding irons are very slim. Chondrites are what you will find most of the time. I hunt iron alley in Franconia, AZ. strewnfield, and they blast my ears off. To find meteorites now adays, you need to put a lot of time in the field.
Dave

How about this unit? 100_0680.JPG 100_2001.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread