Nevada Dry Lake Bed Meteorites

BaconNBeer

Aug 16, 2015
Lodi California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I checked out a site I saw on an episode of The Meteorite Men. Man did I hit the jackpot. A total of approximately 222 pieces of Diamond Valley meteorites. I say approximately because some are still iffy. I sent for some chemicals and supplies to check for nickel in the iron. After that they will be checked by a lab. I am hot to send the big pieces to Geoff for appraisal. These are a low iron chondrite I believe. I was on my way out when I spotted the big one 6 lbs 12.5 oz. I thought I was leaving with about 8 lbs then I found one that nearly doubled my take. Oh well what can you do. I was rushing to get off the lake bed before dark so not much time to think on it. I am seeing a thumb print or two and some flow lines. I am no expert but have watched the video many times and had friends and family view it as well and they agreed considering the location, color, sharp fracture lines and other features that they appear to be the same type as shown in the Meteorite Men. What do you think?
DSCN1711.JPG DSCN1712.JPG DSCN1713.JPG DSCN1714.JPG DSCN1715.JPG DSCN1716.JPG DSCN1717.JPG DSCN1718.JPG DSCN1719.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread