Two possible Impactites

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. I thought some of you might enjoy these. I won't get into a whole bunch of detail right now, but I do want to say that the black and red brecciated band goes all the way around the entire piece, separating the two solid black areas completely. The other piece has what appear to be shatter cones in areas of the edge. To be honest, I haven't had much time to really study it up close, and just started noticing the intricacies of it as I was taking the pics.
Let me know what you guys think.
IMAG0092.jpg IMAG0095.jpg IMAG0096.jpg possible shatter cones (pic3)
IMAG0093.jpg IMAG0101.jpg IMAG0073.jpg IMAG0074.jpg IMAG0077.jpg
IMAG0069.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a large post with lots of pics of some stuff I've collected over the past two years, but I first need to know two things.
1. Are any of you even interested in me doing so?
2. Am I allowed to link a folder of photos I upload to google drive?
I only ask because all of my posts are done by mobile, so uploading/typing take forever. Uploading to google is much easier because I can batch upload.
Anyhow, I hope you guys like the pics. Take care. J

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to include this one in the original post, but couldn't remember which container I had put it in, and had completely forgot I already had a couple of pics of it. The matrix is black glass. The clasts appear to be fragmented plagioclase crystals. I will take more pictures later today to display each side so you can see the wonderful grading and patterning. I'lol weigh it as well, because it's quite dense and I don't remember what it weighed when I checked before. IMAG0066.jpg IMAG0067.jpg

Rific

Mar 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im def interested I'd like to see some stuff...in your second post I thought it was a pebble conglomerate at first glance but the pieces are angular so it surely is a breccia of sorts. I'm guessing quartz though instead of plagioclase and it might even have gold in it if its not an impactite so win/win there

Keepright

Aug 28, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
I'm working on one.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im def interested I'd like to see some stuff...in your second post I thought it was a pebble conglomerate at first glance but the pieces are angular so it surely is a breccia of sorts. I'm guessing quartz though instead of plagioclase and it might even have gold in it if its not an impactite so win/win there
Ok

Sent from my LGMS210 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread