OP
OP
B

Boba Debt

Oct 8, 2017
Havelock, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
I received my 2.4 kilo NWA 8529 H-6 Chondrite yesterday and processed it into my sphere rough today.

The good, it was quite fragmented but I was able to find the most solid area to cut my rough from.

The bad, the cube does have some cracks and I hope Dmitry can stabilize it before he makes it into a sphere PLUS it’s BROWN and I’m kind of sick of brown spheres.

The 2.4 Kilo Whole Specimen

Here it is on the saw, which was just big enough to process this whole specimen

My 57mm (oversized) Sphere Rough

The remaining cuts, the top left end cut is the only piece that stayed together which is ironic because I thought it would fall to piece due to all of the fragments

OP
OP
B

Boba Debt

Oct 8, 2017
Havelock, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sending some material to Russia to get made into spheres so I replaced the Bondoc Sphere Rough with the Iron Sikhote Alin that I quickly etched

OP
OP
B

Boba Debt

Oct 8, 2017
Havelock, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm getting ready to process the 2 Sikhote Alin end cuts that have not sold yet

This will produce some awesome slices but it will diminish the size of the end cuts (obviously) which is a shame because the size of the widmanstatten pattern of this so large that you need a large surface to appreciate it.

OP
OP
B

Boba Debt

Oct 8, 2017
Havelock, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
209 gram true full slice that was polished on both sides and etched.

It is 3.370" wide, 2.095 tall and .330” thick.

144 gram slice – Etched on all sides with some crust on the back

It is 2.108" wide, 2.087 tall and .330” thick.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boba Debt, as Terry mentioned we require members to be a paid charter member to sell on the forum and a paid supporting member to sell through a web site. Cost to be a paid Charter Member is $20 a year which is very little cost, about $1.66 a month.

If you do not wish to be a charter member then we will have to edit out all reference to selling.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! Way cool collection :icon_thumright:

SpaceRocks

Greenie
Mar 12, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
An old Fisher
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow I am impressed! You have quite a collection and it looks like you have learned a lot over the years the old fashion way. I am interested in buying some of your scraps. How can I get a list and prices?

Art_Blade

Jun 25, 2014
Warsaw
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Teknetics Omega 8000
White's VX3, V3i
DeTech SSP-2000PI, Garrett pinponter, Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
209 gram true full slice that was polished on both sides and etched.

It is 3.370" wide, 2.095 tall and .330” thick..........................

Nice visible Neumann lines, very impressive work Boba Debt. Good luck :headbang:

OP
OP
B

Boba Debt

Oct 8, 2017
Havelock, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
Presenting my Bondoc Mesosiderite, NWA 8529 H-6 and Sikhote Alin 50mm Spheres

I finally filled that last 3 “holes” in what I consider to be all of the general classifications

• Stoney Irons — Pallasite and Mesosiderite
  • All 4 irons from Fine to Coarsest
  • Most of the L and H Chondrites

I have plenty of other classifications and other meteorite related spheres but I wanted to the basics to be represented in my collection and it only took 12 years to do it :)

OP
OP
B

Boba Debt

Oct 8, 2017
Havelock, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been a few years because work and "life" have been hectic so not a lot of time for social media

However, I recently rearranged my collection performed some maintenance - re-etching the irons, polishing the Brahin and Dronino and cleaning the chondrites

I'm always looking for new material to add to my collection so feel free to contact me if you have something you need processed

Collection 2020 06 B.jpg

Collection 2020 06 C.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread