Ive found a meteorite but I do not know what type or species it belongs to. HELP!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ive found a meteorite but I do not know what type or species it belongs to. HELP!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Dec 2020
    8
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Exclamation I've found a meteorite but I do not know what type or species it belongs to. HELP!

    Hi, I've found a black meteorite but I'm unable to identify its type. I did many test to make sure that it's a meteorite and not a meteo-wrong. and it seems to be a real meteorite piece. I would be much grateful if you can help me out with this matter. I would like to know how to price it? and where to sell it?
    Thank you
    Terry Soloman likes this.

  2. #2
    us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    1,868
    3169 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by yassgo View Post
    Hi, I've found a black meteorite but I'm unable to identify its type. I did many test to make sure that it's a meteorite and not a meteo-wrong. and it seems to be a real meteorite piece. I would be much grateful if you can help me out with this matter. I would like to know how to price it? and where to sell it?
    Thank you
    Please post a photo
    When you canít find what your looking for, your looking in the wrong place. Time for another drink

  3. #3
    gb
    Dec 2019
    Surrey
    1,915
    5144 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    There's a disconnect between you saying you've found a meteorite but can't identify it's type. Typing (at least with respect to the main groupings) would be an implicit part of a positive identification.

    Please show us some decent pictures and tell us exactly what tests you have performed which lead you to conclude that you have a meteorite.
    outlaws15 and alan m like this.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    18,253
    26985 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by yassgo View Post
    Hi, I've found a black meteorite but I'm unable to identify its type. I did many test to make sure that it's a meteorite and not a meteo-wrong. and it seems to be a real meteorite piece. I would be much grateful if you can help me out with this matter. I would like to know how to price it? and where to sell it?
    Thank you
    Welcome to the forum! Where are you? Are you in a known Strewn field? Do you have a photo?

  5. #5

    Feb 2006
    1,710
    1810 times
    You found a black rock you claim is a meteorite. Show me the evidence. Otherwise it is just a black rock.

    Time for more coffee.
    alan m likes this.

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

    Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    32,584
    16000 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard yassgo! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...
    2nd - A picture(s) is worth a zillion words! If you are having problems posting pictures - take a look at: How to post pictures with your story...
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

    .:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

  7. #7

    Dec 2020
    8
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131894689_1029300827590605_3617691535671183052_n.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	1887181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131899409_745010582796385_6931890491602796263_n.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	1887182

  8. #8

    Dec 2020
    8
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by alan m View Post
    Please post a photo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131899409_745010582796385_6931890491602796263_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	1887183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131894689_1029300827590605_3617691535671183052_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	1887184

  9. #9

    Dec 2020
    8
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-Coat View Post
    There's a disconnect between you saying you've found a meteorite but can't identify it's type. Typing (at least with respect to the main groupings) would be an implicit part of a positive identification.

    Please show us some decent pictures and tell us exactly what tests you have performed which lead you to conclude that you have a meteorite.
    Yea, I believe that is a meteorite. I've watched many videos on Youtube, red many blogs, and exposed it to some tests which showed promising results that this piece is a meteorite. Please, check the attached images.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131899409_745010582796385_6931890491602796263_n.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	1887186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131894689_1029300827590605_3617691535671183052_n.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	1887187

  10. #10

    Dec 2020
    8
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Where are you? Are you in a known Strewn field? Do you have a photo?
    I'm in Morocco - Northern Africa. Please, check the attached photos. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131899409_745010582796385_6931890491602796263_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	1887188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131894689_1029300827590605_3617691535671183052_n.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	1887189

  11. #11

    Feb 2006
    1,710
    1810 times
    Based on the provided images, your rock has no visible characteristics of meteorites. What tests were performed?

    Time for more coffee.

  12. #12
    gb
    Dec 2019
    Surrey
    1,915
    5144 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by yassgo View Post
    Yea, I believe that is a meteorite. I've watched many videos on Youtube, red many blogs, and exposed it to some tests which showed promising results that this piece is a meteorite. Please, check the attached images.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131899409_745010582796385_6931890491602796263_n.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	1887186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131894689_1029300827590605_3617691535671183052_n.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	1887187
    There is nothing in your pictures which suggests you have a meteorite. What exactly does "exposed it to some tests which showed promising results" mean?
    alan m and Clay Diggins like this.

  13. #13

    Dec 2020
    8
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-Coat View Post
    There is nothing in your pictures which suggests you have a meteorite. What exactly does "exposed it to some tests which showed promising results" mean?
    It is unbreakable, it gets attached to the the magnet.

  14. #14

    Dec 2020
    8
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by galenrog View Post
    Based on the provided images, your rock has no visible characteristics of meteorites. What tests were performed?

    Time for more coffee.
    Can you recommend any tests other than the magnet?

  15. #15

    Dec 2020
    8
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by galenrog View Post
    Based on the provided images, your rock has no visible characteristics of meteorites. What tests were performed?

    Time for more coffee.
    I've just received a call from a friend of mine, who is a Geologist, and he told me that after many tests in the laboratory, they found that it is meteorite.
    roy2bears likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. No doubt where this belongs..
    By Bonzododa71 in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Aug 03, 2018, 03:20 PM
  2. US Court: Shipwreck Found off Florida Belongs to France
    By eyemustdigtreasure in forum Shipwrecks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2018, 11:21 PM
  3. Last year's, still not sure what belongs to
    By Gumba143 in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Apr 07, 2018, 10:14 AM
  4. Back where it belongs...
    By epackage in forum Bottles & Glass
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 09, 2014, 04:02 PM
  5. Butterfly Found To Be New Species, Because Of Its Mustache
    By SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2009, 12:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0