Meteorite sails across Oregon Skies

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
;D This morning at 5:30am ,a large fast streak of light came across the skies and people from Washington, Oregon, Idaho saw this.The FAA reported it was a meteorite.Don't know if it hit the ground, but may have some place in Idaho?? When it passed over Oregon,it was really bright and the sky lit up like a (transformer blowing up).Hope someone in Idaho finds pieces of it. :o Idig

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
awww man! and I was inside and missed it? sheesh! What is the use of being up so early if you miss the good stuff like that?? :(

OP
OP
Idig4beer

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
That "Thingy" had to pass right over your house :) I didn't hear a sonic boom here in Lebanon, but some reports from La Grande, eastward heard a big BANG.I first thought it was that spy satalite coming down to take me out.Anyhow, it was neat ;D Idig

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
dagnabbit had I even heard a sound like a sonic boom I would have thought it was because the airport is near by but I don't recall hearing anything and I was not outside....was right here lazing about in tnet! ;)

K

Kentucky Kache

Idig4beer said:
I first thought it was that spy satalite coming down to take me out.

Maybe it was, and they want people to think it was only a meteorite.

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
Picked this up on another board:

Meteor seen, felt across wide swath of Pacific Northwest

SPOKANE (AP) — A meteor streaked through the sky over the Pacific Northwest and apparently landed in Eastern Washington early Tuesday.

A Horizon Airlines pilot reported seeing the meteorite hit earth with a flash and a burst of light near State Route 26 and the Lind-Hatton Road in the southeast corner of Adams County about 5:45 a.m. PST, said Mike Fergus, a Federal Aviation Administration spokesman in Seattle.

http://www.union-bulletin.com/articl...ews/local0.txt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread