Treasure Hunting in MEXICO

tesoroMex

Sep 10, 2006
Jackson, MS
Detector(s) used
Deeper/ Nokta / Elecroscope
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently obtain some very powerful metal detector. I am going treasure hunting down in Mexico. If anyone has a good side where you think there is a treasure let me know. I will go to any part of Mexico specially down by the capital. If you are interested in obtain more details you can e-mail me. My e-mail address is [email protected]
Have a ;) day.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tesoroMex I recently obtain some very powerful metal detector. I am going treasure hunting down in Mexico. If anyone has a good side where you think there is a treasure let me know. I will go to any part of Mexico specially down by the capital. If you are interested in obtain more details you can e-mail me. My e-mail address is [email protected]
Have a ;) day.

HOLA, what do you have in mind for Intierros? To a point, let' talk in here so that others can ejoy it.

Tropical Tramp

M

mexojack

Hi I just stumbled on to this site but did find it very interesting, not much being mentioned about Mexico.. I have a story to tell don't know if anyone is interested but I'm heading down on the 8th of Nov for a 6 month stay.. I might mention I lived in Mexico for about 30 years..Anyway I have a long time friend who has a ranch in the mountains above Puerto Vallarta, and what has happened there is quite interesting.. On his ranch there has been talk of 5 digs or mines on this one hill side, they are nothing more than tunnels dug into the hill. They have found 4 without even looking for them. The 4th was found last year, the entrance had been covered by rocks, boulders and dense brush for a long time.. This mans son opened the shaft, removing the blockage to the entrance. Inside was found the remains of two humans with what was left of clothes leather belts hand minning tools and a coin of some sort, year 1858. The remains indicated that they were poor indian laborers shot or killed by mine owners then sealed in the mine so they couldn't tell anyone where the mine was, history tells us this was a common practice at the time...This was a very busy minning area back in the early 1800 by the Spanish. Also National Geographic has been in this area digging up grave sites of the indians who were burried in earthen pots, kind of a common thing between the states of Colima Jalisco and Nayarit.. This is not the only reason I'm making my trip down there but it is an important part of it.. Any comments? Thank you..

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
:( I don't know if I have my detector on time or if I will still have money, but I live in Mexico city ::).

And I can not take you where my partner will show me... they are so weird over there, if they see foreigners they will shoot first, I have that land for 5 years and I am still a foreigner, well of course I still don't live there, I just have a little bedroom, bath and I haven't finish the kitchen. But some of them know me because maybe 3 years ago I broke one water pipe with the weight of my car, so they were really angry.(la cual le suministraba el agua al pueblo) I know that you can understand me if you live so many years in Mexico :P

M

mexojack

HI yes I can understand what you are saying, but I think maybe you are not Mexican, what you say about the people being upset with you breaking a water pipe with your car doesn't make sense. But anyway I am not worried about being in the mountains all by myself, or being invited to some little ranchito a pasar la noche, or even worried about the people. I have found that if you treat people as your equal you generally don't have troubles. Let me know where you are and I will contact you when I'm down there. Maybe we can share some interesting information. Thanks Mexojack

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
well this is one of those towns that if your families are not from that place for generations then you will pay a lot more in services... you can be a Mexican, tourist or whatever. They used to kill burglars by themselves instead of sending them to the law. I knew of 2 burglars that went in a bus over there and tried to do what they know and all the people started to hit one of them and killed him, the other could scape from the bus and fortunately for him there was a police car where he ran to ask for help, I don't know what happened after that.

My father was from Spain and my mother parents from China, I was born here, but have Spanish nationality.

M

mexojack

Hi so I was right not a Mexican. Where have you lived most of your life? I assume you are in el D.F. right now. I have been into the back hills and mountains of Mexico camped, hunted and fished and never had any problems. Of course I was never alone not that it made any difference, I spoke the language without an accent am dark skinned and kind of blended in with my friends. I now speak with an accent because of the long periods of not hearing everyday Spanish but I have never forgotten the language sometimes I forget words but that is because of lack of use. I love the country and the people which I think shows so I get along pretty good. What areas are you interested in detecting or searching in? I am looking for a partner to search with and haven't made contact with anyone yet, but I have seen people on the beaches with detectors which I plan to approach for maybe a partner. anyway give it some thought and it let me know...MExojack

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
I always lived in Mexico City, but as my father had some bussiness in 3 towns in Tlaxcala I went there on Holidays. The problem is that I don't know where I catched an accent since I was a child so everybody always asks me if I am from the North states of Mexico or if I am from South America... I also have the problem that I speak very fast in Spanish... like some people from Spain.

But in the town I tell you about, there is a family that have lived there for 30 years and the woman helps a lot sterilizing the animals, or helping them if they ask her for help and she told me 3 months ago that she didn't have water for many days, she asked the persons that are in charge of the water and they told her that there was no problem with water, they checked and someone disconnected the pipes twice. She told me to be careful of the people that lived there because they were very "envidiosos" and even some locals that live there say the same.

Two of my dogs were poisoned in different dates and they didn't bother anyone, they were always inside my land so they didn't eat anything outside. And my neighbors like dogs, the one behind me has probably 10 dogs, other side have 2, but they don't even care for their dogs and the other sides are empty, it is still forest. that is why I bought the goose, they are a good alarm and when they are free inside my land they attack people they don't know.

I still haven't hunt anything, since I am a newbie and I am waiting for a dvd for information about Lorenz detector that Kellyco would sent me. But after reading all the posts I will probably buy it sooner or buy the GTI 2500 in Mexico.

I really don't think I will be a good companion hunting, but if I can see how you hunt even if I don't have my detector that would be a great experience, I can help you digging and taking pictures :P

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
mmm seems that I scared you. :D :D

I was thinking on a place in Toluca. I went there maybe 10 years ago, is a very old building in a very bad shape that was used as a warehouse and market, in the mexican revolution 19... these land were part of a battle, and as it was an important market there could be good stuff buried there. They had someone that took care of the place, I don't know why, because it was empty.
My mother is still in Mexico, and when she is here she doesn't want to be left alone, she will probably go to the US at the end of this month. As soon as she leaves the country I can go and try to find out who are the owners to get a permit to search in case that you are interested.
Do you know what kind of tramits do you have to make with the owners of the place in Mexico so we can go hunting?
The detector that I'm probably buying is the Lorenz LP2X with 10.25" and 40"x40" coil, I would n't know until I get the DVD with more information about this equipment and find out if that is what I want, but I hope that I have it on November, and the best thing is that apparently works well in automatic ;D

I was also thinking in a land in Teotihuacan that belongs to my family friends, but it is close to town, and I really don't know if there could be anything or not, since as you might know the town is close, but not that close to pyramids and I don't know if the detectors can find that kind of relics.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA GENTE: Sorry for the delay, but I have been to a MINERS & mine owner's convention n Hermosillo.

I have many stories in Mexico, but most are in Sonora, Sinaloa, and Chihuahua.

Scary, for your information I am married to a Mexcan gal, I had to go through the entire old fashioned Formal Spanish courtship, seranades, promanades, formal presentation, Duenas, Bans, etc. took over two years before the priest said ok !

Attachments

• La Berta.jpg
    La Berta.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 3,019

kenn1123

Feb 1, 2005
Hello
My name is Kenn I have lived near Guadalajara for 8 years. I have been chasing leads for many years. I am from the USA but have made many friends .We have fond some small stuff and left it with the pepole that showed the place to us.In most deals with the locals you split even. I do this on the side , my main search is for minerals. But I do have some hot spots. Was wondering how your trip went. email [email protected]

good hunting
Kenn

ptlmg

Greenie
Aug 26, 2007
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
I am from south Texas and my wife is from SLP, Mexico. I will be retiring in about 5 years and we are retiring in my wife's home state. We will be moving to cerritos, slp. There are a lot of mines left over from the old days. I have permission from several people there to look in their property. I am also a newbie and just about to buy my first md. I have done some research and have decided to go with the tesoro cortes. I used to think that it was illegal to have a metal detector in Mexico, but have since found out it isn't. Good luck with hunting in toluca. I hear "el nevado" is beautiful this time of year. Haven't been there in a few years.

OP
OP
T

tesoroMex

Sep 10, 2006
Jackson, MS
Detector(s) used
Deeper/ Nokta / Elecroscope
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunting in MEXICO and CALIFORNIA

HELLO EVERYONE,

THANKS TO THE POSTING "TREASURE HUNTING IN MEXICO" I HAVE TWO VOLUNTEER AT THIS POINT. MY NEXT TREASURE HUNTING WILL BE IN APRIL. BUT IN THE MEAN TIME I WILL DO MORE PRACTICE BY DOING SOME TREASURE HUNTING AT THE JOSHUA NATIONAL PARK IN CALIFORNIA. IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED IN JOIN ME FOR THE RIDE, BE MAY GUESS. HERE IS MY E-MAIL IN CASE I GET SOME VOLUNTEERS. [email protected]

KEEP IN TOUCH

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
How safe is it in mexico now? specially Mexico City. I heard some military fighting going on there. I don't know if i want to leave the country to go hunting.

Pokerdad

MONETKO

Oct 18, 2007
May I ask a question?
My friend is going to Mexico in July for two weeks. Will stay at the hotel on the shore. So is it allowed to come to the county with metal detector? Is it allowed to detect on beaches and take coins through the customs?
Thanks for answering.

chat77

Aug 31, 2010
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300
Hi everyone...I dont know if you guys heard about "Camino real de tierra adentro" (old silver road) this road was made back in the 1500s and starts in Mexico city and ends somewhere in New Mexico US....well I live about 20 miles from the original path.......is full of old haciendas and virgin mountains to do treasure hunting.....I have a Garrett Ace 300 and I already found a couple of coins from 1800s and some from the beginning of last century....if anyone is interesting let mi know...I live in Aguascalientes...and close to Zacatecas, San miguel de allende or guanajuato.....i usually go twice a month to treasure hunting....Very interesting places to visit. let me know if someone wants to try it.... :icon_thumright:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
chat77 said:
Hi everyone...I dont know if you guys heard about "Camino real de tierra adentro" (old silver road) this road was made back in the 1500s and starts in Mexico city and ends somewhere in New Mexico US....well I live about 20 miles from the original path.......is full of old haciendas and virgin mountains to do treasure hunting.....I have a Garrett Ace 300 and I already found a couple of coins from 1800s and some from the beginning of last century....if anyone is interesting let mi know...I live in Aguascalientes...and close to Zacatecas, San miguel de allende or guanajuato.....i usually go twice a month to treasure hunting....Very interesting places to visit. let me know if someone wants to try it.... :icon_thumright:

Hi,

Do you know anything about the raid on the Guanajuato treasury in 1810?

Now THAT is a story worth researching!

Marc

chat77

Aug 31, 2010
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300
Well I know the history of the independence war, I know there was to many raids to take gold or silver to support the war but, No I dont have any specific info about that raid.....Anyway I know after of the "batalla de calderon" about 90 miles south west of my city, Hidalgo was defeated and after that he flee to Aguascalientes......and spent the night at a small town called Cuquio and then in old hacienda de Pabellon close to my city. I been in those places.....great old buildings..

Greetings from Mexico....

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
chat77 said:
Well I know the history of the independence war, I know there was to many raids to take gold or silver to support the war but, No I dont have any specific info about that raid.....Anyway I know after of the "batalla de calderon" about 90 miles south west of my city, Hidalgo was defeated and after that he flee to Aguascalientes......and spent the night at a small town called Cuquio and then in old hacienda de Pabellon close to my city. I been in those places.....great old buildings..

Greetings from Mexico....

Well, not much - other than it seems Hidalgo made away with a sizable amount of gold - and probably guns - and he divided the loot among several people - including a man named Juan Baptista de las Casas, who marched into San Antonio January 22nd, 1811, arrested the governors and was insurgent Spanish governor of Texas until he was overthrown 3 months later. I would LOVE for someone to dig into the details of that raid. There are most certainly treasure leads that can be found through researching that event! Somewhere I read that in defense of that treasury, soldiers were pouring hot tar on the raiders from the rooftop. I don't know much else. I seem to remember the raid took place in September 1810.

Mexico is definitely a GREAT place to treasure hunt... good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions