PinPointer only $15.00 ??

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
I came across this blog on another metal detector site--looks interesting

I was recently shopping at our local Harbor Freight tool store, when I saw a metal
detector made for finding nails in wooden boards. This unit is only 81/2" long and 1
1/2" wide. The head is 2 3/4" wide. I thought it might come in handy to pinpoint an
object under the coil of a metal detector. I had no idea of the sensitivity of this unit but
bought it anyway for $15.00

I was very surprised to find out I could very accurately pinpoint small metal objects,
even could sense copper clad BB's which I had a hard time finding with my eyes. This
"Little Wizard II" Which it's called is light in weight but strong, has a thumb adjustment
for sensitivity and a screw adjustment for course tune. It runs on one 9v battery with a
good running time. My Grandson uses it in the back yard to find coins and nails etc.
just by itself. I hope someone else might find this helpful as I do.

Might be worth looking into
Dennis

M

michigan michael

Hi Dennis,

I may of stumbled the same blog. I went and purchased one from Harbor Freight a couple days ago. The site says my order was shipped so, they must of solver their back order problem. I use a V2 pin pointer now, I will let you know how this one compares.
Take Care,
MM

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I will go and check this out.
thanks...Matt

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
I have been using this one for a while now...same one?

Attachments

• cen-tec.gif
    cen-tec.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 381

RoadKillDave

Aug 16, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
I have 3 of them. I mail ordered them. They work great out in the field. One note of caution. I got carried away last fall poking around too hard and loosened the tip. When I went to wipe it off the tip pulled out in my had and broke some of the wires. I took it apart and fixed it and super-glued the tip in. Other than that I love them and they are so cheap you can give them away to friend who do not have pin-pointers.

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the Harbor Freight store in Ocala, Fl and they didn't have them in stock. They did have the hand held wands that are used for body searches. I may have to order online and pay the shipping. Looking forward to getting back to Michigan in April.

benjamingunn

Greenie
Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Works great. My huntin partner and I both have them. He dropped his in the water and it stopped working. He banged on it a bit (how us rednecks "fix" things) and it fired back up. Can't beat it for $15.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Been using one because my $120 unit died in less than 2 years. The Harbor Freight unit works like a $15 pin pointer should, if you like throwing money away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread