City parks

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go to the police dept of the city I'm looking at and ask" Are there any laws against metal detecting in the city parks?". If they say no there are not -get the person or officer you are talking to's name!- Use the name or officers name if you are stopped while at the park detecting.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most parks here have a rules and ordinances sign at the entrances. The websites will carry the same info if you look for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pay taxes, and those are my parks also, unless its posted at the park, they will have to pay someone to come find me, and explain why I cant do this, when people are walking dogs, playing baseball. flying kites, etc ....... would you ask to do any of those things in a park? no!!! Don't ask anyone, its a public park!!!

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pay taxes, and those are my parks also, unless its posted at the park, they will have to pay someone to come find me, and explain why I cant do this, when people are walking dogs, playing baseball. flying kites, etc ....... would you ask to do any of those things in a park? no!!! Don't ask anyone, its a public park!!!

I agree. If it's not posted otherwise, I will be there until told otherwise. Asking just invites a "NO", if only because it's easier than looking up the laws.

HYMBAW

Dec 31, 2013
G-Rap
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
City of Grand Rapids parks are a no go. Kent County parks (with the exception of Millennium) are open to MDing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread