newbie here with a few questions!

Teocuitlatl

Aug 11, 2014
michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I feel pretty clear on the metal detecting, and panning, in Michigan but my quick question is can i sluice, dredge, or high bank on private property the rules seem pretty clear for public and state land but I'm not finding information on weather I can go dredge a Creek or river that runs on private property. .and it's not a muscle bed or a designated trout streem. I'm just curious how that works so if u have answers or a place to find them fairly easy ide appreciate the help thanks for the time! And good luck happy hunting! -excuse the lack of punctuation and or bad grammar..lol

OldFaithful

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
NW Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've tried calling the DNR several times to try to answer questions similar to the OP's, but they don't seem to know anything. They have referred me to other offices, some told me to check the internet, others said they don't know anything about panning, and several have casually suggested that it's not permitted...but they've always been non-committal. My opinion now is that they don't even know what the rules are. How are we to know if the owner of the adjacent property also owns rights to the stream & bed if the DNR doesn't even know?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions