Heading to Flint (Grand Blanc), Michigan

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
Hello gang, I will be making a trip up to Michigan to Grand Blanc on the 4th of July and will be in town until 7th, I know, not a long time, lol. Well, I grew up in Burton and recently (last year) moved to the Savannah, Georgia area and got back into Metal detecting and relic hunting. I would like to know if there is anyone in the Flint area that would like to get together and go metal detecting. I have family that live in Burton (Dad, sister, brother), Grand Blanc (out-laws, er, I mean in-laws, brother), Genesee (Mom) and Dearborn (sister). I have lived in Michigan my whole life until I enlisted in the Army after HS graduation in 1987. I was in the Army until July of 1995. You know, I just realized the other day that if I had stayed in the Army, I would be retiring this September, lol.

I know I am relatively new to these boards and a stranger to most so let me give you a quick version of who I am so you will know what type of person I am. My name is Mike, I was born in Flint (1969) and raised in Burton. I graduated from Bendle High school in 1987 (seems so long ago, lol) I served in the U.S. Army and am a Desert Storm/Shield veteran. I am also honorably discharged. I believe a man is only as good as his word. I am man of morals and integrity and my character is without question. I do not cut corners to get things done fast, I do things right the first time. After the Army in 1995, I moved back to Michigan and started up College in 2000. I was an engineer for DaimlerChrysler until May of last year when I was offered a position with General Dynamics. More specifically with Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. in Savannah, Georgia, (hence my user name "AeroMike") I am currently working on a masters degree from Embry-Riddle and I honestly can not wait till I am done as I have had it with school, lol :D

So, now that you know a little about me, if you live in the area or know about area to hunt and can not go hunting with me, then please direct me where I can and can not hunt.
Is it legal to hunt schools and parks?

I know this is short notice, to be honest, I did not think I was going back to Michigan this summer but had some family matters that caused a change in plans that suddenly came up.

thanks in advance.

Mike

OP
OP
AeroMike

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
No one wants to hunt?????

Ok, I guess everyone in and around Flint is just too busy. ::)

OP
OP
AeroMike

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Well, I am exhausted! I did some bottle digging out by Hollaway Reservoir, was looking for some old dairy bottles. Got in some detecting. Now here is the cool part, my father in law asked me to give him a hand at one of his friends house. Leo is 80+ yrs old and I tell ya, they are the best to find some great info. Well, I was talking with Leo and he told me about some land he owns and that there was a house there that his sister lived on. She has since passed, no kids and Leo owns the land. He said have at it and I could keep whatever I found. Well, I found my first cache!!!! face value is $39.60m here are some pics. I tell ya, the only better would have been hooking up with another member to detect, oh well. maybe next time.

Enjoy~!
CacheMedium.jpg

SilverdollarsMedium.jpg

WalkinghalvesMedium.jpg

SeatedMedium.jpg

VnickelsMedium.jpg

MercuryDimesMedium.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread