stores?

D

Doctor Detroit

The only store I know is a Tesoro dealer in Warren called Bestie's Lawn & Patio. Phone 1-586-776-1794

Some of the others only sell the cheap Bounty Hunter things.

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
3 hrs from detroit, but if you want to see lots of different tectors, and deal with a super guy heres the store for you. http://www.prostockdetectors.com/

the owners name is al holden.

hope this helps.

steve

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Ditto on the Prostock detector recommendation. Stop in and see all the reasons not to buy on-line or any other way.

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
Ive bought several detectors from riders hobby shop in ann arbor and Ypsilanti. Might be worth the drive. www.riders.com they have several locations. IM going to get another DFX from them soon. They will take 10%-15% off all whites detectors and gear if ya ask them. Hh dave.

glassdiver

Jan 2, 2007
The Thumb of Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's, Nautilus, Fisher, Garrett
I won't deal with anyone except Doyle and Ruth Finch. If you know where the Birch Run outlet malls are, you can find them.
Take I-75 to the Birch Run exit. Go east (if you are coming from the south, that would be a right turn. The first four-way traffic light will be Dixie Hwy (US 10). Turn right. Immediately get in to the left lane. About 1/4 of a mile, on the left side, you will see a tiny white sign that reads "metal detectors."
Doyle is now blind but they have a small shop/museum out back. He knows what he is doing and service is great. He will even let you rent a machine to "test" it.
Search the white/yellow pages for Finch Products/Birch Run.
Bill

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I highly recommend Pro Stock

kaptainkosmic said:
3 hrs from detroit, but if you want to see lots of different tectors, and deal with a super guy heres the store for you. http://www.prostockdetectors.com/

the owners name is al holden.

hope this helps.

steve

I bought my Explorer XS with an X1 Probe and 8" coil to go along with it new from ProStock in 2002. Al Holden's a super guy and excellent to deal with. He even did me a heckuva deal when he fixed my old 1236-X2!!! He's a couple hours south of me but I go right by Plainwell/Otsego once a month on my way to Ft Custer for drill. I try to make a point of stopping in to see him on my way through. I spent a little time shooting the breeze with him, drooling over his display case of finds, then I buy the latest copy of W&ET and go on my way. He's definitely worth the drive!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread