Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
First time I saw the videos Mike. Pretty cool! ;D

Mike's a pretty good fisherman (ask him who the "perch god" is) for walleye but when it come to other species... I whoop up on him. :-*

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Sweet!!! I grew up in Michigan and spent alot of time on the North Channel. Virginia doesn't have the walleye like in Michigan. We usually bass fish here. :(

Thanks for the great memories.

DM

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Digginman,

I spent some time in Virginia myself... I lived in Blacksburg for a few years where I fished for stripers, bass, rockbass and catfish. The fishing in michigan is so much better in my opinion. I did catch a feeper though... My wife of 12 years. I brought her crazy a$$ up here with me and she decided to stick around for awhile. She misses it back home sometimes but I think michigan kinda grew on her.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grew up in Wisconsin and used to do a fly in fishing trip to Ontario every year with some friends for a week.

The best meals I've ever eaten came on outcroppings of rock around a small campfire made while the temperature was in the 40's and it was drizzling rain - freshly caught walleye pan fried and a can of peaches was like a meal fit for a king!!!

Great video!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Just bought a boat this summer.Will be trying my hand at some November jigging in tha Saginaw River.Ive heard its Hawg Heaven.....wish me luck....Joe

OP
OP
I

Ice Fishin Nut

Jul 28, 2007
Algonac, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Digginman said:
Sweet!!! I grew up in Michigan and spent alot of time on the North Channel. Virginia doesn't have the walleye like in Michigan. We usually bass fish here. :(

Thanks for the great memories.

DM

No Problem Digginman, glad you enjoyed it!!!! Here are a few more if your interested, http://www.michiganoutdoorsman.com/articles.html one is an ice fishing show we did out in the bay, the outer is a sturgeon fishing show we did out of Deckers on the North Channel.

HH,
IFN

OP
OP
I

Ice Fishin Nut

Jul 28, 2007
Algonac, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Cubfan64 said:
Grew up in Wisconsin and used to do a fly in fishing trip to Ontario every year with some friends for a week.

The best meals I've ever eaten came on outcroppings of rock around a small campfire made while the temperature was in the 40's and it was drizzling rain - freshly caught walleye pan fried and a can of peaches was like a meal fit for a king!!!

Great video!

Thanks Cubfan64
Nothing better than a shore lunch with fresh caught walleyes!!!!

HH,
IFN

OP
OP
I

Ice Fishin Nut

Jul 28, 2007
Algonac, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
jopher said:
Just bought a boat this summer.Will be trying my hand at some November jigging in tha Saginaw River.Ive heard its Hawg Heaven.....wish me luck....Joe

Good Luck Jopher!!! Never fished the Saginaw River before, but heard there are some slobs that come into the system as the water temps drop. Kinda hard for me to make that kind of a drive when the St. Clair river is right out my front door. ;D

Enjoy that boat!!!

HH,
IFN

FLORIDABOB

Jul 16, 2007
nice fishing is getting better on the north and south channels, I grew up on Russell Island, family still has a place there since the early 1900's and fishing there seems like it is better than it has been in years

OP
OP
I

Ice Fishin Nut

Jul 28, 2007
Algonac, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
FLORIDABOB said:
nice fishing is getting better on the north and south channels, I grew up on Russell Island, family still has a place there since the early 1900's and fishing there seems like it is better than it has been in years

No kidding,,,,, thats cool!!!! A good friend of mine Carl Budd has let me detect his property, and I have also been down to the beach. Nothing outstanding, but did find an old silver spoon on Carls property..... Alot of garbage down in the dirt though...

HH,
IFN

FLORIDABOB

Jul 16, 2007
known Carl and his mom Genivive all my life saw both this summer shes like 96 years old I have hit alot of different areas on the island and due to its long history Camp Algonac and more I thought i would come up with alot more (couple mercs wheats ect) but you are right a ton of trash i think mostly because we have used alot of fill from the old sand suckers over the years the cottage to the left of Carls is one of the newer ones (built in the 70's) when the steel breakwalls went in they filled up over 3 feet so diggin is going to be deep.

OP
OP
I

Ice Fishin Nut

Jul 28, 2007
Algonac, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
FLORIDABOB said:
known Carl and his mom Genivive all my life saw both this summer shes like 96 years old I have hit alot of different areas on the island and due to its long history Camp Algonac and more I thought i would come up with alot more (couple mercs wheats ect) but you are right a ton of trash i think mostly because we have used alot of fill from the old sand suckers over the years the cottage to the left of Carls is one of the newer ones (built in the 70's) when the steel breakwalls went in they filled up over 3 feet so diggin is going to be deep.

Talked to Carl yesterday at our favorite watering hole. He believes he knows who you are..... Did you marry his cousin?????

Anyways, I hope to get over there this weekend and do some more detecting, will post results....

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fish all year in algonac and north channel boat launch place.. cant wait till spring to fish getting cabin fever I love algonac and love the haunted tale of the road (ah crap forgot the name)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread